Senior Director, Solutions Engineering and Customer Success - RTTH
Location: Dallas, Texas US
Requisition Number: 209691
Position Title: Senior Director, Customer Success
Senior Director, Solutions Engineering and Customer Success GEO Lead (Retail, Hospitability, Travel and Transportation)
Location: Virtual, US
Teradata is seeking a senior level leader with outstanding technical, managerial and business skills to enable and drive a world-class, customer-driven field Solution (Sales) Engineering (SE) and Customer Success organization in support of our GEO leader(s). As the GEO Sales Tech Leader, you will lead the growth and development of our SE and Customer Success Manager (CSM) teams while partnering with GEO leadership to establish strategic plans and objectives in order to achieve sales goals. The Solution Engineering team is tightly integrated with Sales and is accountable for driving the adoption, value realization, and sales of Teradata products and services. The Customer Success team is responsible for the growth and adoption of Teradata.
The successful candidate will partner with GEO Leaders to define and build foundational practices that allow Teradata to deliver world-class presale efforts with our most important partners and customers.
Key Management Responsibilities
- Responsible for the cross-geography/team alignment, development, training and deployment of best practices within the GEO.
- Lead and mentor a team of Solution Engineer Directors and Customer Success Directors and together foster strong individual contributor and management relationships across all functions.
- Accountable for the recruitment, hiring and on-boarding of high caliber talent who are passionate about developing customer relationships while shaping and supporting Teradata’s transformation.
- Maintain a high level of performance and drive teams who can continuously create, articulate and maintain the value of the Teradata solution for customer business challenges.
- Developing and implementing Customer Success across multiple delivery channels, including high-touch, virtual, and digital .
- Ensures that the Solution Engineering team continues to assess and drive development plans including soft/sales and technical skills across the total Teradata solution portfolio; analytical ecosystem, reference architecture, consulting offers, 3rd party, cloud and Teradata Analytics Platform
- Drives strategy for Customer Success to enable a team to focus on growing adoption of Teradata capabilities, increase customer satisfaction, and secure renewals.
- Develop strong working relationships across internal functions, to include Strategic Offering Management, Consulting, Customer Services, Pricing, Product Management, Sales Enablement, Marketing and Finance.
- Deliver high-impact presentations and related customer interaction support on top priority opportunities, when needed.
- Contribute to collateral development by providing insight and feedback relative to customers’ critical business issues and solutions opportunities.
- Manage to the GEO expense plan in partnership with GEO leadership.
Key Attributes of Success
- Ability to clearly communicate complex ideas
- Deep technical understanding of analytic systems
- Obsessed with being customer-focused
- Interest and curiosity to seek answers to complex questions
- Technical sales / presales / customer success experience
- Ability to develop customer relationships from individual contributor to senior business leaders
- Knowledge of the competitive landscape
- Leadership to drive directly and indirectly aligned teams to deliver
- Financial acumen including P&L level variables
- 10+ years of experience managing a team in customer-focused organizations, including demonstration of interfacing with C-level executives
- Demonstrated expertise leading strategic initiatives to operationalize and optimize pre-sales technology and architecture centric sales objectives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, environment, requiring superior skills in critical thinking, influencing, and managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Comfort with ambiguity, but ability to drive to clarity
- Previous blend of experience in sales, business development, and services delivery for a SaaS solution is highly desirable
- Interest in and previous experience with Data Analytics organizations, experience with Teradata required.
- Domain expertise with cloud and experience with cloud architectures (AWS, Azure, Google, Oracle, IBM, Teradata)
- BA or BS in Business or Computer Science, or related field
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director, Solutions Engineering and Customer Success - RTTH
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US