Location: Tijuana, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 209686
Position Title: Software Engineer (II)
Location: Tijuana, BC, Mexico (Zona Rio)
Teradata's Enterprise Data Services (EDS) organization is looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing team in Tijuana. You will help build out a world-class analytics ecosystem for the industry leader in mega-scale analytics platforms. We are looking for engineers with a passion for taming enterprise data at scale with innovative technologies, built on robust application frameworks to accelerate delivery and simplify operations. You will leverage your skills in building analytics applications to drive Teradata’s business and provide a reference architecture for the future of the Analytics Ecosystem.
In this role you will build analytics applications across all the following areas while working to enhance existing application frameworks with capabilities to support new or evolved requirements:
Data Integration: Applications for acquiring data from batch and stream sources, interpreting the data in-flight, loading asynchronously into multiple data management platforms, and applying logic to transform operational data into relational analytics objects.
Data Processing (including Data Science): Applications that consume enterprise data to produce actionable insights to drive business functions. Partner streaming and batch processing mechanisms to provide timely but efficient analysis for critical business functions. Integrate Data Science capabilities to enhance decision-making and enable autonomous learning.
Data Management: Applications that help manage the content of the analytics ecosystem, including data lineage, metadata management, data quality, data patterns, data curation, and more.
Data Presentation: Applications for presenting data for human consumption through sophisticated data visualizations that allow drill-through from a highly summarized view to the detailed events necessary to evaluate cause and effect. Includes automated alerting based on a statistically significant variation of known metrics.
Data Services: Applications for presenting data for programmatic consumption, including complex analytical data services in near real-time with millisecond latency to support in-flight business operations and autonomous decisioning.
What You'll Do
- Interpret requirements, design, develop, test, and release analytics applications leveraging an agile methodology
- Collaborate with product managers, analysts, and customers on application requirements and success criteria
- Collaborate with architects and other engineers on application design and framework enhancements
- Scope engineering effort and work with the project team on an overall roadmap and agile planning
- Collaborate with operations and on-call teams to provide on-going support and enhancements for deployed applications
- Strong English communication skills (written & verbal)
- USA B1/B2 Visa or the ability to obtain as a condition of employment
- 3+ years of experience with relational data processing (SQL, RDBMS)
- 3+ years of programming experience (Unix/C/Java/Scala/Python)
- 3+ years of experience with data processing at scale (parallel processing technologies)
- Strong collaboration skills within a project team and across teams
- Experience with modular design and code re-use
- Experience with agile and waterfall project development methodologies
- Experience with streaming technologies (Kafka)
- Knowledgeable in Java APIs, REST APIs, and/or services architecture
- Experience with cloud technologies
- Experience with Teradata RDBMS
- Experience with web frameworks like AngularJS, NodeJS, and data visualization JS libraries
- Experience with machine learning
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX