Country Manager Switzerland (m/w/d)
Location: Zurich/Wallisellen, Zurich CH
Requisition Number: 209685
Position Title: Territory Vice President
Country Manager Switzerland (m/w/d)
Location: Zürich, Berne, Lausanne
Reporting to: GEO VP
Switzerland is one of the key geographic areas for Teradata to accelerate growth with key accounts in the Fortune 500 list. The newly appointed Country Manager will need to be able to bring the current Swiss organization to the next level.
The Country Manager will be a key member of the CENTRAL EUROPEAN Leadership Team (DACH) and reporting in the GEO VP.
This individual will be responsible for leading and developing a high performing GTM (go to market) team of Account Directors, Business Consultants and Solution Engineers and supporting services (deal desk, finance, Sales Ops, marketing, etc). The candidate is responsible for casting and refining the vision, direction, and strategy of the Swiss organization. He/she is responsible for providing executive-level sales leadership, developing and executing winning sales strategies, and assisting efforts to close business. As a coach, the Country Manager is expected to motivate the Sales organization to succeed to their fullest potential and lift up the business to the next level.
The incumbent holding this position is expected to manage sales and business results in the territory as if operating his/her own business while acting in the best interest of the TD Corporation at large. This means continually growing the district’s business within the Corporation, while helping the sales representatives to solidify, elevate and nurture relationships within key customer accounts and all members of support groups internal to TD. The Country Manager also serves as a liaison between members of upper management, internal sales support teams and the sales team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Managing Sales and Business Results:
The ability to effectively manage order/revenue generation and business profitability while meeting strategic business objectives. This includes territory design, funnel management, forecasting, resource planning, asset management, and pricing decisions. This also includes an understanding of the meaning and implications of key financial levers that impact overall business performance
- Manage the sales funnel and the line of sight. Accurately forecast business results/outlook.
Assign territories and accounts to sales specialists.
• Manage budget and practice expense controls.
• Relationship Management (external): Establish and nurture the professional business relationship between a customer and TD at various levels of the client's organization. Possess excellent knowledge of the client's industry and specific business, strategic thinking and
interpersonal sensitivity all founded in trust.
• Relationship management (internal): maintain and influence relationships with internal partners and resources across several industry solutions like Retail, Telecommunication, CPG, Government, Life Science and within TD.
The ability to motivate and empower the sales & services team in Switzerland to achieve a common goal. This includes providing a shared vision, modelling the way, and challenging the status quo to champion new initiatives. This competency involves providing clear direction, championing change, influencing others, and creating an environment that fosters professional and personal success.
• Maximize sales across targeted accounts leveraging various channels of distribution,
both direct and indirect.
• Develop and/or capitalize on industry knowledge and contacts to uncover business opportunities. Advise, counsel and recommend solutions to sales specialists for presentation to customers on how to meet or address needs.
• Rely on excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to initiate and maintain executive-level interaction and customer satisfaction.
• Drive development of new business opportunities and closure of new account business.
• Close profitable Financial, Retail, Telco & Cross sector Solution business incorporating hardware, software, professional services, and customer services.
Sales Coaching and Development:
The ability to individually coach, mentor and develop sales associates to enhance their performance. This includes coaching both sales skills and sales strategy that are situationally driven in the field. This also includes evaluating performance and providing individual mentoring and development plans.
- Utilize team members including post-sale delivery professionals, pre-sale technical & application professionals and management, to achieve business objectives.
Drive Innovation with account teams and customer to deliver Teradata solution with key cloud partners
Recognize wins and celebrate successes to build strong team spirit
Pursue professional development opportunities to enhance the skills of sales specialists; prioritize and schedule training/developmental activities for the sales team.
Development of Solution Selling Skills and Capabilities:
The development of solution selling skills and capabilities within the sales team includes: ability to understand the industries and our solution portfolio, complete a thorough analysis of the customer’s business problem/need and articulate how our solution will address the business problem/need with a significant return-on-investment for our customer.
- Ensure the sales team has researched the customer environment to be able to populate the business impact model.
Demonstrate understanding of and the ability to articulate the value of our (cloud) delivered solution in terms which will significantly impact the customer’s business results.
• Ensure that the Account Directors and others involved in consultative selling are able to articulate the solution in terms of Return-on-Investment (ROI)
to the customer.
• Lead Account Directors to effectively advise and influence customers through consultative selling techniques. The incumbent effectively advises, intervenes, influences or brings professional or technical expertise to bear on a customer or client group, situation,
or organization over which they have no direct authority. The incumbent in this role is expected to maintain a high level, executive relationship with the customer and provide a strong level of industry knowledge.
- Driving the development and execution of sales and services account/opportunity planning
Penetrate competitive sales and services accounts, while maintaining existing Teradata business
• Maximize sales and services revenue and margin volume
• Ensure people resources understand the their targeted industry and articulate the
business value of Teradata’s solutions, including services, cloud delivery options, to business users
• Building strategic relationships with key current users, as well as competitive accounts
• Effectively coordinates and manages resources to ensure all current accounts and competitive accounts are being handled effectively
- Fast-paced, multi-functional tasking
Internal and External meetings and conference calls
• Making tough decisions about business, strategies and people
• Counselling, coaching, training and managing people resources
• Ability to positively react and implement change and innovation
• Drive execution within the organization
• Forecasting & Analysis
• Drive and work in a teaming environment
• Partner with Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Sales Ops, Deal Desk, Managed Services, Renewal Management and Marketing/PR
Education and Background
- BS/BA degree in a business-related field
- Experience in selling software/applications
- Experience in selling and articulating the value of Teradata Services to customers a benefit
- Strong record of customer satisfaction
- Several years’ experience in selling solutions/services
- Demonstrated success in sales coupled with the demonstrated initiative towards advanced training related to management skills
- Preferably in-depth knowledge of the Automotive & Manufacturing industry and Teradata solutions is critical, especially on the Swiss market. Industry Knowledge pertains to ones’ ability to understand the industry
- Good network and wide contacts in the in the Swiss Enterprise market.
- Excellent German language knowledge is essential (Oral and written)
Community / Marketing Title: Country Manager Switzerland (m/w/d)
Job Category: Sales
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Zurich/Wallisellen, Zurich CH