Lead BI Consultant
Location: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG
Requisition Number: 209682
Senior BI Lead
Lead on the development of Business Intelligence (BI) and analytics to enable my clients business to make timely and effective decisions that support excellent customer service and operational effectiveness. To produce quality analysis identifying opportunities for performance improvement and efficiencies. Support the development of strategic business and workforce planning.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Lead on the implementation of the client’s BI Strategy and Roadmap and delivery of key outcomes including:
- Centralised source of truth
- Automated and self-service reporting
- Data hungry culture
- Establishment of a BI centre of excellence
Develop and provide quality reporting and analysis to help shape and monitor execution of the client’s business strategy, including:
- Develop and provide quality performance reporting and analysis for client accounts that supports account management and delivers an excellent customer experience.
- Effectively use statistical tools, data modelling, visualisations and narrative to identify and present / ‘story-tell’ meaningful trends to different audiences. Account for variances, highlight exceptions, risks and opportunities, and make recommendations to inform strategic and operational decision making.
- Develop, document and ensure adherence to corporate reporting standards and processes. Ensure outputs are presented professionally in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Ensure data is handled ethically and all processes are undertaken in compliance with company policy, internal controls, data protection legislation and relevant national / industry standards.
- Develop BI / analytical capability within the Strategy & Governance team and wider business through training and knowledge-transfer. Support the development of an insight-driven, data literate corporate culture.
- Work closely with IT colleagues to design, stand-up and manage the client’s BI environment and data pipelines.
- Identify opportunities through which to deliver process efficiency / improvement and develop business proposals through which to communicate and deliver the change.
- This role may be required to manage staff either in a line management capacity or indirectly as part of a project team including external resource.
- Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with senior internal stakeholders, subject matter experts and external clients.
Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Engineering or related fields is preferred
- Substantial experience of using Power BI for enterprise reporting
- Experience of performance management and analysis including the design and development of performance management systems to support achievement of organisational goals
- Experience of working with large and varied datasets including financial, commercial, customer, operational and workforce data
- Experience of using statistical and analytical tools
- Experience of successfully managing change
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders and clients
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to consider challenges in the context of organisation goals
- Sourcing, accessing and manipulating data and engineering data processes
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, including the use of both statistical tools and technology for analysis
- Data visualisation and storytelling
- Ability to identify trends, account for variances and highlight exceptions, risks and opportunities
- Ability to produce reports and analysis in a suitable and concise language to the highest of standards with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritise own work and others to meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to think ahead, anticipate and pre-empt changing requirements
- Excellent organisational skills
- Creative about solutions and the ability to deliver improvements
- Ability to think ‘outside the box’
- Excellent communication skills in all formats (oral, written, presentation etc.)
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels and across multiple professional disciplines
- Managing staff either directly and / or as part of project teams
- Excellent working knowledge of Power BI, SQL, DAX & ETL Tools
- Knowledge of best practice performance management, statistical and analytical tools
- Knowledge of information governance, data protection, freedom of information, transparency and confidentiality issues and relevant national / industry data standards
- Understanding of the design and management of BI environments in Azure
- Experience with at least 1 front end BI tool (Either Tableau, Cognos, OBIEE, or Business Objects). This includes knowledge of Architecture, Installation, Configuration and Development tools. Extensive knowledge with design and development experience on scripting languages like Shell/Perl.
State: Al Qahirah
Community / Marketing Title: Lead BI Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG