Lead Incident Response Specialist
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209676
Position Title: Security Engineer (IV)
What’s in it for you?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global, multi-billion dollar per year leader in data and analytics, working with the top companies in their industries. Teradata offers first-rate compensation and benefits that include unlimited PTO, matching 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, medical and dental insurances, and much more. Apply now to take the best next step in your career. While we would prefer to fill the position in San Diego, we are open to considering other locations at this time.
Incident Response Specialist
As the technical lead Incident Response (IR) Specialist, you will collaborate across multiple business units with a direct impact to cyber security. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of the Incident Response and Investigations practice, the Lead IR Specialist will focus on cyber incident response and forensic investigations. In addition, this role will assist in the development and enhancement of the existing processes and procedures for gathering, handling, searching, retrieving, digital and/or physical evidence involved with cyber security incidents.
- Design and mature incident response processes, to include conducting tabletop exercises.
- As a technical leader, drive incident response investigations to their completion.
- Collect, process, and analyze electronically stored information (ESI) obtained from network, cloud, and end-user digital sources in accordance with industry and legal standards.
- Recognize attacker tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) and indicators of compromise (IOCs) to protect the company assets.
- Maintain and recommend improvements to the Security Incident Response Plan.
- Work closely with the Security Operations and Engineer teams to continuously mature the security posture of the company.
- Mentor team members on incident response capabilities to increase the efficiency of the incident response team.
- Ability to clearly document in writing and effectively communicate the findings, opinions, and recommendations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Familiarity with various cyber security frameworks (i.e., NIST, SANS, MITRE, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of forensic analysis of multiple types of operating systems, i.e., Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
- 6+ years of demonstrated experience in information security or related technical roles.
- 2+ years in a position handling or supporting Incident Response and Forensics.
- Deep technical experience in multiple (two or more) technical disciplines, such as Endpoint Detection & Response, Antivirus, firewalls, Intrusion Protection Systems/Intrusion Detection Systems, Cloud Access Security Brokers, etc., to contain and remediate threats in the environment.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Incident Response Specialist
Job Category: Security
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US