Location: Islamabad, Islamabad PK
Requisition Number: 209664
Position Title: Analytics Consulting II
Job Title: BI Consultant
Job Category: Permanent
Location: Islamabad / Lahore
Role: BI Consultant (MicroStrategy/ Tableau)
This is a project-oriented position in either onsite or offsite situations having experience in managing client expectations while delivering services and solutions. The Consultant provides technical services related to analysis, design, build and testing of all components of the Business Intelligence solution in conjunction with other project team members on a specific client engagement. This person shall have good communication as well as technical skills.
Areas of Responsibility
- This individual will be responsible for BI support - New report development, report maintenance, troubleshooting, performance tuning, etc.
- Should be familiar with data warehousing concepts that will contribute to innovative business solutions.
- Good knowledge of development lifecycle required to successfully deploy the BI solution including the following: semantic layer design, BI architecture, performance tuning BI applications, and logical and physical data model design and implementation.
- Effectively analyze, resolve and document business problems.
- Keep current on new/relevant technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputed Educational Institute.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related fields is preferred.
- Post-Graduate degree is a plus.
- Excellent Consulting, Oral and Written communication and Presentation skills
- SQL and Database experience with a major RDBMS (for example Teradata, SQL Server, DB/2, Oracle)
- Troubleshooting skills
- Strong background in IT
- Open to learn new tools and technologies.
- 2+ years of overall BI experience with Customer facing project experience
- Any background/experience with Graphic Design
- Experience with Logical and Physical Data Modelling, Database Architecture, Data Warehousing and ETL Methodologies
- Minimum 2+ years of BI Experience
- Must be open to cross-training on a different BI tool i.e. Tableau, Power BI, Qlik etc
- Candidates must have expertise with at minimum 1 of the following front-end Reporting tools:
- MicroStrategy (Version 9.x or higher)
- Object Creation: Attributes, Facts, Metrics
- Reports & Dashboard Creation
- Familiarity with MSTR Web portal & subscription services (preferred but not required).
- I-Cubes, Attribute relationships, Hierarchies
- Custom SQL reporting and advanced VLDB setting expertise preferred.
- Experience with Localization, Transaction Services, API Customization or Datamarts will be a plus.
- Tableau (Desktop 9, 10, 10.1, Server)
- Experienced in Metadata development
- Experienced in development of data sources, data extracts including data blending
- Experienced in Report development
- Experienced in development of dashboards & story boards
- Experienced in development of complex visualizations & advance chart types (preferred but not required)
- Must be able to develop and use Calculations, Parameters & Quick table Calculations
- Experienced in custom geocoding techniques will be a plus
- Working knowledge of Tableau Server preferred but not required
- Expertise in next generation BI tools like Power BI, Looker, Qlik will be a plus
Community / Marketing Title: BI Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK