Intern - System Change Automation
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209649
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between. We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June 2020 and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
The System Change Automation team is responsible for automating customer change controls. The intern would be part of the development team.
There are many exciting projects in our pipeline -
- Automatic log collection / parsing / formatting for all tools used in change controls and attached to ServiceNow CC request
- Enabling high granularity real time monitoring of change controls, estimate time remaining, alerting on variance, etc.
- Expediting creation of automation tools for various procedures
- Visualization of data of operational characteristics of system change events
- Enhancing the Dependency Management System
- Must be enrolled in BS or MS degree program in Computer Science with graduation dates between December 2021-June 2023.
- Experience with coding in Python
- Understanding of requirements gathering & agile methodology.
- Object-oriented programming
- Unit testing experience is a plus
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Intern - System Change Automation
Job Category: College & Interns
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US