Staff Software Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 209636
Position Title: Software Engineer (IV)
Teradata Labs, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata Corporation, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions. Our Big Data analytics and discovery technology helps to make sense of petabyte scale multi-structured data to better understand customer behaviors, anticipate customer needs and develop better products and solutions
C/C++ Software Engineer
Architect, design, code, and test enhancements for Teradata database software for new and complex features in Kernel area. The candidate will need to acquire or have knowledge of 1) strong database concepts with SQL knowledge 2) in depth knowledge of Teradata internals focusing on database kernel area 4) understanding of cloud enablement features that are required to be developed for Teradata software.
The role is of a Key contributor of a commercial software core product component development cycle from inception to production customer adoption. Data integration engine internal development knowledge and experience are must. The candidate will be required to contribute to feature architecture, design specifications as well as analyse high complex requirements for feature development. Candidate is required to participate in the feature design thru development using the agile development methodology. Ability to analyse requirements, customer value and do technical feasibility for complex Teradata software thinking big picture is expected. Focus on quality with excellent design and development skills, attention to details is required. Candidate should possess ability to articulate and discuss high level approaches with technical architects, management and other stake holders in order to get thru the development and realization efforts. Ability to contribute to test architect and perform design, test and code reviews is expected. Strong technical leadership skills are essential to maintain and take forward the product vision using agile methodology. This is an individual contributor position reporting to an Engineering Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or similar technical discipline with 12 to 14 years of working experience as Software Engineer using C/C++ programming languages
- Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering with 10 to 12 years of working experience as Software Engineer using C/C++ programming languages
- Experience with large-scale, enterprise C/C++ software development. Working knowledge of Java would be an added advantage
- Strong data structure and algorithms fundamentals
- Self-motivated and self-organizing individual, with a high capacity for rapid learning and having meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of SQL and an understanding of relational database concepts either thru academic knowledge or working exposure
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to negotiate with team and stakeholders and ability to technical lead
- Effective team player and experienced in software development life cycle. Use of Agile methodologies and tools and working knowledge on product owner role will be an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills in parallel processing environment/software with strong IPC and parallel programming fundamentals
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to efficiently communicate with remote stake holders and effectively lead a small group of high energy engineers
- Strong background in database internals and/or analytics through academic or working exposure
- Working knowledge of UNIX operating systems is highly desirable
- Strong technical leadership skills preferably thru working exposure and ability to build product vision and roadmaps is desirable
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN