Senior Manager, Cloud Engineering
Location: Bellevue, Washington US
Requisition Number: 209617
Position Title: Senior Manager, Cloud Engineering
Senior Cloud Engineering Manager
Do you describe yourself as a strong leader and a person focused on delivering results? Are you passionate about building a highly scalable, fault tolerant, elastic, and secure services in public cloud environments like AWS, Azure or GCP? Do you enjoy leading and growing a team of engineers?
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the world's leading data analytics company is looking for an experienced Senior Cloud Engineering Manager who is passionate about building innovative cloud services. This is your opportunity to be part of the team that’s working in a startup environment and directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services. As part of our cloud organization, you’ll build, own and manage an engineering team and lead them to build various cloud services.
- Build and manage a cloud engineering team with an execution focus.
- Define long term strategic technology and process roadmaps.
- Provide technical guidance to a team of engineers and architects, including ability to dive into the details as needed.
- Strong technical and people leadership skills.
- Build low-friction APIs, highly-responsive web UIs and intuitive CLIs using professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build process, testing, and operations.
- Lead day to day direction of Cloud Engineering team/s.
- Develop DevOps processes and procedures to rapidly transition new Cloud Services into production.
- Provide regular reports on how Cloud architecture and UI design are impacting development, quality, operations, and performance.
- Communicate effectively with other engineering teams, QA, PMs and senior leadership team.
- Evaluate new technologies, open source libraries, cloud native services and define long term strategic investments and feature roadmaps.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field or equal experience)
- 10+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Demonstratable experience of managing and leading an engineering team to build and operate a cloud service in public cloud platform.
- Knowledge of modern web frameworks and tools (such as Angular, React, Backbone, Sass, Webpack, Polymer, Closure, etc.)
- Demonstratable proficiency in at least one modern general-purpose programming language (like Java, C++, Node.js, Typescript, Go and Python)
- Experience working with automated deployments and source code/configuration management tools (such as GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Vagrant, Terraform, and similar)
- Must be able to work cross-functionally with other internal and external partner organizations
- Deep passion for quality and customer focus.
- Proven experience building services on at least one of public cloud platforms (AWS or Azure or GCP).
- Experience in multiple roles such as distributed systems, front end, database systems and full stack.
- Experience mentoring software engineers.
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
- Experience with Teradata (or other RDMS) and NoSQL technologies.
- Experience with Docker container related technologies like Kubernetes, Mesos etc.
- Experience with supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Cloud Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bellevue, Washington US