Sr BI Consultant
Location: Islamabad, Islamabad PK
Requisition Number: 209607
Position Title: Analytics Consulting III
Position Title: Senior BI Consultant
Job Category: Permanent
Location: Islamabad / Lahore
Role: BI Solution Architect/ Semantic Modeler (MicroStrategy / Tableau)
This individual leads the analysis, architecture, design and development of data warehouse and business intelligence solutions. Develops and recommends strategies and specifications for BI solutions based on the analysis of the business goals, objectives, needs, and existing data systems infrastructure. This person shall be thought leader/expert and familiar in the use of project management tools and can effectively estimate projects and monitor their status.
Areas of Responsibility
- Act as an authority on BI strategies and technologies and the appropriate application of these products and serve as an architecture expert to the organization
- Cover all aspects of the development lifecycle required to successfully deploy the BI solution including the following: semantic layer design, BI technical architecture, performance tuning BI applications, and logical and physical data model design and implementation.
- Understand the long-term business objectives and suggest technical strategies to meet those objectives by introducing innovation through technology, right selection of tools from BI tool suite
- Design end-to-end solutions (ETL, Warehouse, Reporting) to meet specific client requirements using a variety of technologies.
- Effectively analyse, resolve and document business problems with minimal oversight from senior management (i.e. accountable for owning and resolving issues)
- Effectively multi-task between initiatives and consistently produce quality deliverables requiring minimal QA from peers/supervisors.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively coach and mentor; regarded and sought by more junior staff as a coach and mentor
- Keep current on new/relevant technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputed Educational Institute.
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Engineering or related fields is preferred
- Post-Graduate degree is a plus
- Excellent Consulting, Oral and Written communication and Presentation skills
- Strong SQL and Database experience with a major RDBMS (for example Teradata, SQL Server, DB/2, Oracle)
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills
- Strong background in IT
- Experience with Logical and Physical Data Modelling, Database Architecture
- Experience with Data Warehousing and ETL Methodologies
- Familiarity with Erwin, Power designer or similar modelling tool.
- Working knowledge of Hadoop Big Data architecture
- Any background/experience with Graphic Design
- 10+ years of Data Warehousing Experience
- Experience with Design of end-to-end BI solutions and managing complex integration projects.
- Leadership experience (Either Technical Lead or Project Manager)
- 5+ Years of experience with MicroStrategy. This includes knowledge of Architecture, Installation, Configuration and Development tools.
- Experience with at least 1 front end BI tool (Either Tableau, Cognos, OBIEE, or Business Objects). This includes knowledge of Architecture, Installation, Configuration and Development tools.
- 5+ Years of experience with one or more ETL tool (Informatica, Datastage, Ab initio, Talend)
- Extensive knowledge with design and development experience on scripting languages like Shell/Perl.
- Dimensional Modeling:
- Comprehensive Knowledge of Ralph Kimball's Data Modeling Concepts including Transaction dimensions, conformed dimensions and facts, slowly changing dimensions, multi-Star/ Snowflake Schema Modeling, different types of Fact tables
- Prior experience implementing DW presentation layer - including design and definition of logical tables, physical sources, dimensions, columns and aggregation rules
- Comprehensive Knowledge of Bill Inmon's Data Modeling Concepts (Logical and Physical) including 3NF, Supertypes, Subtypes, Abstraction, Associative entities / tables
- Experience in designing enterprise wide solutions and its expansion
- Experience with Solution Development Life Cycle, including requirements gathering, documentation testing and knowledge transfer is required.
- Experience of successful project delivery following Agile methodology.
Preferred (in order of preference)
- Worked with Offshore client teams
- Mobile BI development
- Experience with BI solutions based on non-traditional Big Data databases (Hive, HBase, SimpleDB, MonetDB etc).
Community / Marketing Title: Sr BI Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK