Industry Consultant - Oil & Gas Industry
Location: SAO PAULO, Sao Paulo BR
Requisition Number: 209602
Position Title: Industry Consulting V
Industry Consultant – OIL & GAS INDUSTRY
Are you a pioneer in driving business change with the new possibilities in analytics? Are you passionate about solving business problems with data? Would you like to use your business knowledge and consulting skills to define how value is created in today’s digital world? We are looking to recruit a specialist in the Upstream Oil & Gas Industry to join our Industry Consulting team.
Teradata is the world's leading analytic solutions company. We focus on delivering powerful business outcomes from data, helping our customers transform into data-driven organizations to maximize their competitiveness in a digital world.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced consultant with an entrepreneurial approach who wants to develop new and innovative consulting business skills in analytics to complement their knowledge of the upstream industry.
In this customer-facing role, the Industry Consultant will:
- Lead consultative selling dialogues whichdemand significant industry knowledge and experience to solve customers’ business challenges and create solutions relating to their use of data and analytics.
- Actively introduce new ideas, techniques, and project suggestions to customers that enhance the value of their relationship with Teradataand a modern cloud ecosystem, while driving adoption, usage and expansion of the Teradata platform.
- Produceand deliver compelling industry content to establish emminece in the energy, oil / gas and industrial IoT space to establish credibility with officer levels within Teradata’s client base and prospect accounts.
The Industry Consultant works intimately as a co-seller with our direct sales team using their industry knowledge and contacts, to help drive revenue through:
- Adoptionofa consultative approach to the positioning, sale and delivery of services and technology
- Supportofaccount planning activities and opportunity development
- Identificationand development ofkey value propositions and relationships
The Industry works closely within the community of Data Scientists, Ecosystem Architects and the International Industry Consultant community, to:
- Identify new business opportunities with data and analytics that can help our customers become more competitive
- Identify assets (e.solution accelerators, partnerships, IP) from successful engagements that canbe replicated
- Participate in the global oilfieldcommunity to create and driveprograms to encourage the adoption of new solutions
- Engage with colleagues and with peers inotherorganizations and industries where advantageous and in support of Teradata objectives
Required Experience / Skills
- 7+ years of upstreamindustry experience and detailed knowledge of the processes involved in exploration and production of oil and gas
- Direct experience of engineering and businessoperations gained through working for an operator, oilfield service company or as a consultant
- A solid understanding of how effective use of data and analytics creates value within the upstreamindustry, coupled with hands-on project experience
- Expertise in at least one of the following subject areas (multiple areas an advantage):
- Unconventional reservoir development
- Drilling & Completions technology and processes
- Production operations and technology
- Experience in the following specific areas would also be an advantage:
- Field OperationsProfitability or cost control
- Development and/or use of Analytical or Predictive Models
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience of presenting to and working with Senior Managementand CXO
- The candidate should have at least a high levelunderstanding of technical solutions as they relate to data and analytics in the upstream industry (e.g. relational databases, Hadoop, Open Source and other tools for specific analyses and visualization)
- Travel expectations: Up to50%, depending on location
- english and portuguese and/or spanish fluent level
City: SAO PAULO
State: Sao Paulo
Community / Marketing Title: Industry Consultant - Oil & Gas Industry
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: SAO PAULO, Sao Paulo BR