Location: Islamabad, Islamabad PK
Requisition Number: 209579
Position Title: Technology Consulting II
This role is responsible for the development and implementation of data warehouse solutions for company-wide application and managing large sets of structured and unstructured data. The candidate will be expected to analyze complex customer requirements and work with data warehouse architect to gather, define and document data transformation rules and its implementation. Data Engineers will be expected to have a broad understanding of the data acquisition and integration space and be able to weigh the pros and cons of different architectures and approaches.
You will have a chance to learn and work with multiple technologies and Thought Leaders in the domain.
- Translate the business requirements into technical requirements
- ETL development using native and 3rd party tools and utilities
- Write and optimize complex SQL and shell scripts
- Design and develop code, scripts, and data pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data
- Data ingestion pipelines and ETL processing, including low-latency data acquisition and stream processing
- Design and develop processes/procedures for integration of data warehouse solutions in an operative IT environment.
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary configurations & infrastructure changes.
- Readiness to travel to customer sites for short, medium or long-term engagements.
- Create and maintain technical documentation that is required in supporting solutions.
Skills and Qualifications
- S. / M.S. in Computer Sciences or related field
- Hands on experience with at least one ETL tool like Informatica, DataStage, Talend etc.
- Strong RDBMS concepts and SQL development skills
- Knowledge of data modeling and data mapping
- Experience with Data Integration from multiple data sources
- Good Data warehouse & ETL concepts
- Understanding of one or more business areas and industries: Telecom, Retail, Financial etc.
- Good knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Pig, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Nifi
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Experience with any of the Hadoop distributions such as Cloudera/Hortonworks
- Experience on any of one development or scripting languages e.g. Java, Groovy or Python
- Good understanding and basic working experience with at least one cloud service provider: AWS, Azure or Google Cloud and with their native tools.
- Good understanding of Agile delivery methodologies.
- Solid understanding of DevOps technology stack and standard tools/practices like Linux, Dockers, Jenkins & Git etc.
- Training/Certification on any Hadoop distribution will be a plus.
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment, demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK