Senior Software Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 209559
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
We are looking for a professional performance test engineer to work at our prestigious Teradata R&D Labs at Hyderabad to be part of Performance Test Engineering team.
With more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries, we help over 1,400 customers leverage their data like never before. Our people are the heart of our success. We are passionate about what we do. We ask questions. We know our customers intimately. We think differently. You can, too. If You love technology and what it can do. You have a global mindset and want a dynamic place where capability and creativity merge … where your talents shine, where your future is yours to shape, where your innovations make the world better. With primary development center in Hyderabad and two R&D facilities in Bangalore and Pune the team is in excess of 500 engineers. R&D Labs at Hyderabad is the biggest R&D division outside of San Diego facility, and has teams producing world class features for the Teradata database stack and its Unified Data Architecture. The Labs team in India work on wide variety of products and technologies including core database internals, both on the server and client side of the Teradata’s world renowned database platform, Aster, Hadoop, Teradata’s cloud offerings and performance engineering
Sound appealing? Then, you belong with us – Teradata.
Fast-paced, flexible, fun. That describes our work environment… a place to brainstorm with the best data minds, engage customers and surprise yourself with what’s possible, every day.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of technical education
- 5+ years of experience in performance Testing/Engineering
- Experience in conducting product performance testing on cloud platforms (AWS, Azure and GC)
- Experience in writing and reviewing test strategies, test plans, test cases and test results
- Strong knowledge of SQL and RDBMS concepts
- Strong performance engineering background with knowledge on end-end performance test cycles
- Experience in designing and implementing performance benchmarking methodologies
- Ability to apply diagnostic tools and test case development to drive the isolation of code and design defects
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of LINUX operating systems is highly desirable
- Working Knowledge on (any) scripting
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and tools
- Experience with various programming languages and paradigms
- Performance characterization of Database features and Analytic functions over cloud as well as on-prem platforms
- Implement complex test content in support of Teradata development life cycle
- Create benchmark specifications and plans for database features
- Establish regression detection and reporting methodologies
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of project status to Product Project Teams
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN