Data Engineer (JAVA & Python)
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 209543
Position Title: Technology Consulting II
Role - Java Developer
Job Location – Mumbai/ Pune
This position is for a senior Java developer / Lead who will be involved in GDC Data practice tool development initiatives. This could also be client-facing position responsible for delivering the services and solutions associated with GDC offerings.
- 3-5 years of experience
- 3+ years total Software Development experience with strong technical background and at least 3 years in Java / J2EE
- Experience in Design, development, testing, and deployment with Java / J2EE stack (e.g. Core Java, Spring, JPA, etc)
- Proficient understanding of supporting tools such as Git, Maven, Eclipse
- Proficient in API design and development, RESTful services
- Test automation development and related tools such as JUnit
- Experience with any RDBMS technologies, such as Teradata, MS-SQL, Oracle, IBM DB2, and MySQL.
- Know-how of object-oriented programming concepts
- Knowledge and understanding of design principles behind building a scalable application
- Highly structured and analytical thinking and decision making
- Experience of coaching junior team members
- Experience with SDLC and Agile/Scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlogs.
- Being able to think as the end user and having customer focus
- Having an experience working in international teams with varied cultures
- Excellent problem solving / troubleshooting skills
- Being able to translate business requirements into technical specifications and solutions
- Excellent team player with good social and communicative skills
- Strong verbal and written communication, with good exposure to working in a cross-cultural environment and the ability to present comfortably to senior management
Nice to have Experience:
- Knowledge of Groovy
- Full stack development
- Python and related technologies
- Exposure to any of the public cloud platforms
- Exposure to Devops/CICD tools like Jenkins, Docker
- Hadoop and Hive with Spark and Python
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer (JAVA & Python)
Job Category: Consulting
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN