BI Designer (Senior Power BI Developer)
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 209542
Role: Senior Power BI Developer
Job Location: Pune/ Mumbai
Teradata is looking for highly motivated and experienced individuals to join our Global Consulting Center (GDC) Business Intelligence (BI) team as a Power BI Developer. To be part of the data revolution by performing hands on data analysis and developing analytical solutions to produce working concepts, along with managing multiple initiatives for cross-functional data analytics needs. This position will help drive growth in the adoption of advanced analytics in India, as well as our International Regions.
Applicants should have a proven track record with advanced analytical solutions applied across subject domains such as Digital, Marketing, Retail, Operations, Healthcare, and Technology.
Your primary focus will be on, but not limited to, helping clients identify how they can drive more business value from data. This is a project-oriented position in either onsite or offsite situations having accountability for managing client expectations while delivering the services and solutions associated with the Teradata database. The Consultant provides technical services related to analysis, design, build, performance tuning, testing and integration of all components of the Business Intelligence solution in conjunction with other project team members on a specific client engagement. This position will combine direct client consulting engagement activities, new solution development and analytics positioning responsibilities.
As a Power BI Developer, you will:
- Work in close coordination with BI teams within GDC centers as well International BI teams to serve global customers.
- Work with other GDC and Teradata teams to produce packaged solutions, AaaS offerings, in addition to supporting Analytics projects and PoCs/PoVs.
- Work as an individual contributor to define and execute BI solutions that address client use cases and business requirements.
- Define activities, scope, and timelines on BI projects.
- Deliver projects following our internal frameworks and best practices.
- Define Semantic Model & BI Access Layer in DWH using tables / views as per reporting requirements.
- Act as Power BI expert to advice customers in defining Power BI Roadmap, Security guidelines and Power BI architecture for Complex enterprise systems.
- Develop calculations in DAX, which are accurate and performant on large datasets.
- Publish reports via the Power BI service, manage them through distribution of apps and monitor usage/data refreshes/security access.
- Design and develop complex Power BI Analytical solutions.
- Experienced in implementing Power BI solutions in Agile environment.
- Bachelors Degree (or higher) preferably in Computer Science, Computer Applications, Information Technology or other related fields.
- 5 – 9 years of IT experience
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in working with Power BI.
- Collect, cleanse, massage, and organize data in both SQL and No-SQL environments.
- Ability to understand and define semantic data model as per requirements.
- Fluency in SQL and good knowledge of relational databases.
- Understanding of Agile software methodology.
- Power BI certification is a plus.
- Experience on Tableau and/or MicroStrategy tools is a plus.
The successful candidate must -
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English.
- Proven skills in creative-problem-solving of complex and advanced technical subject matter.
- Possess a solid understanding of the value of data and how technology enables companies to compete better in the marketplace.
- Collaborative team player, professional attitude with a strong drive and positive mind.
- Be self-starter with a positive attitude, intellectual curiosity and a passion for analytics and solving real world problems.
- Be willing to travel.
Community / Marketing Title: BI Designer (Senior Power BI Developer)
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN