Location: Tokyo, Tokyo JP
Requisition Number: 209527
Position Title: Business Consulting II
Business Consultant for Finance Industry
The Business Consultant for the Finance Industry is a key member of Teradata’s go-to-market (GTM) account team. Engaging directly with our clients, you’ll form part of a close collaborative triad with two other key dedicated team members: the Account Executive and Solution Engineer.
The Business Consultant for Finance Industry is a key business role. You’re responsible for creating innovation for our client by proposing and agreeing on real business outcomes enabled by data and analytics.
Your primary objective is to drive the consumption of Teradata software by demonstrating the benefit to your client. So your focus is on the largest opportunities for the selling of assets, solutions and consulting services at scale.
And at every stage, you’ll have responsibility for this key role between Teradata and its valued clients.
More specifically, as the Finance Business Consultant you will:
- Provide account strategy and thought the leadership on how Teradata’s offerings help solve industry and business challenges and deliver real outcomes and ROI. You’re responsible for constant evaluation of business value and ROI, and the potential for new initiatives.
- Prioritize time and investments with the account team towards the largest and most critical opportunities for your client – always highlighting where Teradata has most differentiation value with our Vantage platform and our knowledge of data & analytics solutions at scale
- Drive and oversee the consulting pipeline for your account – this includes guiding your account team on overall revenue, backlog and order forecasting, and providing business outlook on opportunities, orders and revenue, as input to Consulting Delivery.
To succeed in this role, you’ll ideally have a combination of the following
- 7+ years experience working for a Consulting Firm with a focus on the Finance Industry including proven experience in selling and commercial packaging of complex solutions involving software and consulting services, projects, and programs – as well as transformation processes and ability to lead change management initiatives
- Experience within the Data domain: Data Management, Data Analytics, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics, Big Data, etc (Preferred)
- Ability to create solid and trusted working relationships with clients: understand their business strategy and priorities, use data & analytics to grow their business and engage Industry Consultants when additional deep subject matter expertise is required
- Experience in overseeing a portfolio of engagements and activities related to business management consultancy
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, with proficiency in written and spoken business English
JOB LOCATION:TOKYO JAPAN
Community / Marketing Title: Business Consultant
Job Category: Sales
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, Tokyo JP