Cloud Operations Shift Lead (AWS/Azure/GCP)
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 209518
Position Title: Managed Services II+
Role: Cloud Operations Shift Lead (AWS/Azure/GCP)
Job Location: Mumbai/Pune
- The Cloud Ops Administrator Shift Lead is responsible for managing Teradata’s as-a-Service offering on public cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Delivery responsibilities in the areas of cloud network administration, security administration, instantiation, provisioning, optimizing the environment, third party software support.
- Supporting the onsite teams with migration from On premise to Cloud for customers
- Implementing security best practices, and analyzing the partner compatibility
- Manage and support 24x7 VaaS environments for multiple customers
- Devise and implement security, operations best practices
- Implementing development, production environment for data warehousing cloud environment
- Backup, Archive and Recovery planning and execution of the cloud based data warehouses
- Throughput monitoring, load balancing, improving the overall system health by optimizing the key Azure resources
- Proactively monitor ticket queue and assignment of tasks to shift members
- Ensuring SLA are met during that shift- Acknowledgement & Update SLAs
- Incident/task prioritization during the shift
- Ensure all scheduled changes are implemented within the prescribed window
- First level of escalation for team members
- First level of help/support for team members
- Proactively highlight any incidents about to miss the SLA. Constantly monitor SLA Dashboard
- Ensure even distribution of workload within shift members
- Handling S1 during shift
- Shift leads would manage transition and share summary of all tickets being transferred
- Divert adhoc tasks to platform lead
- Engineering Graduate or 3-year Diploma
Mandatory Skills / Attributes
- Minimum 6-8 years of IT experience.
- Minimum 3-4 years of Cloud hands-on experience (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Expert in at least one of the supported public cloud platform (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Cloud Certification.
- Should have basic leadership qualities.
- ITIL or other relevant certifications are desirable
- Service Now / ITSM tool day to day Operations
- Must be willing to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis with the team.
- Must be willing to travel – both short-term and long-term
- Teradata/DBMS Experience Hands on experience with Teradata administration and strong understanding of Cloud capabilities and limitations
- Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape
- Implement and support new and existing customers on VaaS infrastructure.
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security etc.) and have experience with orchestration to develop a cloud solution
- Should have good knowledge of cloud services for Compute, Storage, Network and OS for at least one of the following cloud platforms : AWS/Azure/GCP
- Should have experience in Enterprise VPN and Azure virtual LAN with data center
- Knowledge of monitoring, logging and cost management tools
- Hands-on experience with database architecture/modeling, RDBMS and No-SQL.
- Should have good understanding of data archive/restore policies.
- Teradata Basic
- If certified with VMware skills will be added advantage.
- Working experience in Linux administration, Shell Scripting.
- Working experience on any of the RDBMS like Oracle//DB2/Netezza/Teradata/SQL Server,MySQL.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language
- Good team player.
- Good presentation, communication skills.
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Operations Shift Lead (AWS/Azure/GCP)
Job Category: Consulting
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN