Senior Lead Data Modeler (Retail)
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 209484
Role:- Senior Lead Data Modeler (Retail)
Job Location: Mumbai/ Pune
Educational Qualification – Bachelor or Master of Engineering
Job Description for Retail Industry Data modeller.
- 10-12 years of experience in Data warehousing of which 4-6 in data modelling.
- Work with the Application Development team to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models for Retail Data warehouse.
- Create logical and physical data models using Erwin or similar tool and implementing best practices to ensure high data quality, data management and governance and standardization.
- Good Understanding and experience of key retail business areas such as Procurement, Planogram, Order management, Sales, Fulfilment, Item, Pricing, Shipping, Inventory, Demand-Forecasting, Web Shopping Activity, Shipping, Vendor Management and Promotions. In addition to that understanding of cross subject areas related to Finance and Master data.
- Experience in working with Teradata Retail Industry data model or sound knowledge and experience in retail industry.
- Good to have knowledge of other industry data models. Implement Data Profiling and develop/maintain complete source to target mappings.
- Create, manage and modify logical and physical data models using a variety of data modelling philosophies and techniques including Inmon and Kimball.
- Stakeholder’s interaction includes Enterprise Architects, Development Team, Business Intelligence team, technology vendors etc.
- Responsible for reconciling the project data models into enterprise data models in concert with business users.
- Logical Modeling, Physical Modelling, Data profiling and Data Mapping
- Working experience with Teradata database, Indexes, TD SQLs, PI, MLPPI, Compression, Data Type selection and rightsizing, SI, JI, SOFT RI etc.
- Must be Ready to travel short-term and long-term for project assignment.
- Attitude towards learning business rules and integrate with data Model.
- Good understanding of Teradata database architecture and Teradata Physical Design.
- Good understanding of Data warehouse concepts, Data Governance and standardization processes.
- Understanding the Logical Data Model and creating the Physical
- Working Knowledge on multiple industries viz. Communication, Finance, Retail, Aviation, Manufacturing etc.
- Analyze business requirements to determine the data elements needed in the Semantic Layer and Core Layer data models to support the solution
- Interact with Business SMEs to understand required data elements, the business rules governing them and confirm definitions
- Create, manage and modify conceptual, logical and physical data models for the Core and Semantic Layers. Present data models to business and technical audiences for review and validation
- Create the PDM for the Landing, Staging and Source Image areas of the Acquisition Layer and Conduct the PDM review.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Lead Data Modeler (Retail)
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN