Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 209481
Engagement / Delivery III
Role: Project Manager
Job Location:- Mumbai/Pune, India
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, scheduling, monitoring, and directing projects on agreed client requirements and expected Teradata business results. The Project Manager will lead a single project or portfolio of projects. The Project Manager manages Teradata employees and third-party contractors to ensure projects meet established time, cost, technical and quality objectives. The Project Manager owns projects beginning in the pre-contract sales process and will manage them through closeout.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead a Teradata consulting project or a collection of multiple projects
- Build a project team, including Teradata employees, offshore team, and contractors.
- Identify and bring together a variety of technologies to deliver a complete information system that supports operational and management objectives. Define the client’s requirements within the context of their business and assess the opportunities, benefits, risks, and success factors of a potential solution
- Competent and experienced in waterfall and agile project management.
- Responsible for end to end engagement from inception to closure, ensure that right software development approach is followed.
- Participate in scoping, planning, cost estimating, pricing of consulting projects, statement of work development and risk assessment, including but not limited to defining goals and objectives, identifying and documenting client requirements, resource requirements, project budget, project risks, and the translation of the client’s business requirements into specific deliverables
- Ensure projects are completed and transitioned as expected on-time, quality and within budget on client expectations
- Responsible for and manage the budget/cost (P&L)
- Ensure proper set up of the engagement in the time keeping system, ensuring consultants and contractors are always current with their reported time.
- Stakeholders management Manage day-to-day relationship with all including customer and resolution of issues if any. Maintain and communicate project status to all internal and external stakeholders
- Manage client acceptance of the solution in line with the agreed business outcomes
- Ensure that Teradata knowledge resources and tools are fully leveraged
- Lead project/engagement close-out debriefings to identify lessons learned and best practices
- Responsible for preparation and compliance with internal controls and documents including participation in periodic reviews and audits as mandated by internal and client stakeholders
- Experience in the technology areas of Databases Management, Data Ingestion and Data Engineering, including cloud AWS, Azure
Education and Experience
- Graduate in any discipline, preferably an MBA with 8-12 years of total experience. OR Diploma with 14 plus experience.
- Desirable to have experience in managing Data warehouse, Business intelligence, Migration, Application and Analytics projects.
- Desirable to have an understanding of CMMi and ITIL frameworks.
- Proven Project Management experience of minimum 3-4 years demonstrating the ability to manage successful project deliveries, risk management and change management.
- Proven experience in managing multi-national, multi-cultural teams across geographies on projects and in executing projects of different types e.g. development, data warehousing, migration, support, analytics, etc.
- Good understanding of Agile and DevOps.
- Experience as a client facing/onsite project manager.
- At least one of the certifications - PMP, Agile, Prince2.
- Working industry knowledge will be a plus, viz. Communication / Finance / Aviation / Manufacturing / Telecom / Retail, etc. - desirable
- Customer centric with an ability to work in large teams.
- Task oriented and solution driven with focus on deliverables, quality, cost and timelines
- Organized and detail oriented
- Proactive, Innovative with an analytical mindset
- Able to work under pressure in a challenging environment
- Ability to work within multiple time zones and diverse cultures
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to guide the activities of an individual, group, or team toward a desired result or outcome. Drive consensus and team ownership of decisions.
Community / Marketing Title: Project Manager
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN