Software Engineer, Analytics Ecosystem
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209475
Position Title: Software Engineer (I)
Software Engineer – Analytics Ecosystem
Location: San Diego, CA
Enterprise Architecture and Data (EAD) is part of Teradata’s IT, Analytics, and Security (ITAS) organization. EAD is chartered with harnessing the power of Teradata’s products to deliver curated data and analytics solutions that power the enterprise. We believe in drinking our own champagne at Teradata.
Role and Responsibilities
This opportunity will require an eager individual to navigate a complex set of applications and help enhance our user experience and develop applications and solutions. The candidate will have development ownership of a set of applications and solutions, which will evolve and embrace our shift to becoming cloud-first. The analytics ecosystem is dynamic and will require an individual willing to embrace technological evolution and continuous improvement.
- Developing Angular/Covalent applications using Teradata’s application framework
- Building complex workflows between applications to support critical business processes
- Enhancements and customizations to user interfaces to improve usability
- Document and help define usage patterns, security controls, and operational efficiencies
- Define and document application architectures
- Help drive UX re-architecture from on-prem to public cloud solutions (hybrid cloud)
- Work with other team members to implement CI/CD automation and follow Dev Ops guidelines
- Lead a set of applications/solutions and delegate tasks to other team members
- Work with Product Managers and Engineers on end-to-end solutions
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
- Hands-on experience with relational DBMS, with Teradata experience desired
- Angular/Covalent development experience
- Basic understanding of container technologies (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Application programming experience (Unix/Java/C/Scala/Python/…)
- Familiarity with AWS or other public clouds (S3, SNS/SQS, DynamoDB, EC2, Kinesis, Cloud Formations, etc.)
- Familiarity and experience with API integrations, particularly REST
- Application design and development experience
- Excellent teaming and communication skills
- Effective multi-tasking skills
- Application Architecture experience and understanding of SDLC
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer, Analytics Ecosystem
Job Category: Engineering
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US