Sales Operations Manager
Location: London, Greater London GB
Requisition Number: 209470
Position Title: Sales Operations Analyst (IV)
Sales Operations Manager
The Teradata Global Sales Operations and Enablement Group is focused on driving overall effectiveness and efficiency Teradata’s Go-to-market business. The Teradata Global GTM Revenue and Sales Operations Group is focused on driving overall effectiveness and efficiency for field initiatives including the following:
- Sales Strategy & Account Deployment
- Sales Process Development & Execution
- Performance Metrics & Measurement
- Sales Processes Best Practice Execution
- Sales Tools & Technology
- Talent Management & Development
- Sales Support and Deal Support.
This position reports into the Geography-based Revenue Operations Director and is a key strategic partner to the Geographic Vice President & General Manager (VP/GM) of our Northern European region and their respective team. The role has sales operational responsibility for the “Geo” for developing, deploying and owning the initiatives described above and detailed below.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Sales Strategy & Account Deployment
- Data and analysis for Account Segmentation (Tiering) to ensure proper resourcing
- Strategic Indirect & Inside Account Management / Support
- Account content & sales deliverables (playbooks)
Sales Process Development & Execution
- Create and implement sales operational cadence including Ops reviews
- Develop sales templates for QBR’s, Region Leadership team meetings, team calls
- Collaborate with VP/GM and Revenue Operations Director on All-Hands meetings, Large deal reviews, and other as needed collateral
Performance Metrics & Measurement
- Tracking & Governance
- Assist with Metric Definition and Deployment
- Collaborate with VP/GM, Revenue Operations, Finance, and key stakeholders to implement metrics to sales team
Sales Process Best Practices Execution
- Facilitate process adherence
- Promote best practice transfer
- Definition, monitoring, distribution of sales outcome measurements
- KPI tracking for sales and services reporting tools
Sales Tools & Technology
- Dissemination of sales tools (I.e. account management and CRM tools and services, especially Salesforce.com
- Integration of account plan best-in-class processes
- Integrated online training, mentoring and onboarding
Talent Management & Skills Development
- Support critical skills definition/Individual Development
- Support training curriculum to support onboarding, mentoring & sales and services career development
- Support Onboarding and Assimilation
Sales Support and Deal Support
- Coordination of resources to achieve specific sales and deal specific goals
- Facilitate deal team efficiency and effectiveness
Candidate must adapt to VP/GM’s operational nuances as they execute strategies to achieve annual objectives. Candidates should also be able to work the business hours for the geography to which they are assigned as well to adapt a flexible work schedule to address supporting teams in various time zones including east coast and central.
It is required that the candidate have or must develop a strong working knowledge of Teradata’s go to market strategy and solutions portfolio. Where applicable, an understanding and use of Teradata internal systems, organizational structure, and ability to work within a multi-discipline team is highly desirable.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- It is preferred the candidate has 5+ years’ experience in the high-tech industry with experience in any or all the following disciplines: Sales, Sales Support, Business Operations, Operational Excellence. The candidate must have a fundamental understanding of “go-to-market” processes, operational cadence and metrics & the ability to work in a strong sales culture.
- Experience and knowledge within the Advanced Analytics & Decision Support industry is a strong advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field required. MBA desirable but not required
The candidate must exhibit:
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrate self-motivation
- Ability to create, deploy and lead sales operational cadence including All-Hands calls, Team meeting collateral, Sales Ops calendar, executive meeting content, etc.
- Have strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a team environment
- Microsoft Office suite expertise is required with strong presentation skills and ability to present to large groups and confident in managing executive relationships with VP/GM, AVP’s and other business executives
- Swedish or Russian language skills would be beneficial
State: Greater London
Community / Marketing Title: Sales Operations Manager
Job Category: Sales
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: London, Greater London GB