Staff DevOps Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209442
Position Title: DevOps Engineer (IV)
The Quality & Tools organization is looking for a talented individual to join the team. We enable our development teams to build world-class products for both on-premises and cloud-based solutions. We work with the top public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud), as well as a large private cloud deployment on VMware. In addition, we are looking to expand our use of Kubernetes from on-prem to the cloud.
The successful candidate will work with different technology to provide access and systems to our developers. In addition, we are constantly looking to automate repetitive tasks and provide self-service solutions, so we are developing a framework for centralized management. Finally, we work to collect and analyze logs, usage metrics, and spend data to ensure that our environment is secure, cost-effective, and easy to use.
- Manage public cloud development environments, including AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and VMware
- Deploy high-speed hybrid cloud networking solutions between on-prem systems and the cloud
- Manage multiple Kubernetes environments both on-prem and across public cloud providers
- Drive and develop process automation so we can deliver everything-as-a-service
- Use cloud services, open source technologies, and automation to improve productivity and security
- Help us aggregate, analyze, and visualize data, to ensure resources are used efficiently
Required Skills and Experience:
- US Permanent Residence
- Bachelor's degree in a Technology field
- 8 or more years of Information Technology experience
- Experience working in one or more hybrid cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and VMware)
- Scripting experience with Python and/or PowerShell
- Experience developing and deploying Docker containers
- Administrator-level operating system experience with Windows or Linux
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with a passion for continuous improvement and a commitment to customer satisfaction
- Experience with VMware vRealize Automation
- Experience with process automation and configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Packer, StackStorm)
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Staff DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US