Operation Service Consultant
Location: Warsaw, Mazowieckie PL
Requisition Number: 209440
Position Title: Technical Consulting Specialist (III)
Operation Service Consultant
The EMEA Operation Service Consultant is responsible for delivering the Data Migration service (utilizing DTU) and TDVM related service. Presale advisory and implementation (Remotely and On-site) are the main focus areas for these services. The individual will provide technical leadership to account teams and customers within a Region around DTU, VMWare and our Teradata TDVM product and services, aligned with Managed Services and company direction.
The candidate will work with customer, Service Experience Managers and loocal Teams to plan, schedul and execue Operation Services (DMS and TDVM) in EMEA. He/She will work with the EMEA TDVM COE to ensure delivering consistent and high quality services to assure best-in-class customer experience.
This is a fast-paced high tech environment and may require extended hours and after-hours/week ends follow up.
Key Responsibilities of the Operation Service Consultant:
- Analyze customer’s business and data to determine DMS requirements
- Design and Document the DMS solution
- Develop and Implement Data Migration utilizing DTU
- Consult and Conduct Knowledge Transfer session with the customer as part of the DMS engagement process
- Serve as the primary contact for the assigned Operational Services engagement
- Strive to provide an outstanding customer experience through dedication, technical expertise, processes, tools and collaboration
- Drive adaptation of Teradata’s Best practices, strategies, methods and procedure while delivering the DMS and TDVM services to the customer
- Coordinate within the Teradata business to support solution delivery success
- Deliver expert level services related to TDVM and associated use cases
- Ability to work with early life TDVM products in an incubator environment, where customer use cases are rapidly evolving, and product capabilities are not fully mature.
- As appropriate, participate in field-based development of process and tools that allow for standardization and automation of future deliveries.
- Work with customers in the pre-implementation environment to ensure customer’s VMWare environment meets and complies with TD specifications for TDVM implementation and configuration.
- Provides TDVM technical leadership to supporting implementation team members as part of an overall customer engagement where related technology may be deployed in conjunction with TDVM.
- Resolves post implementation TDVM configuration, implementation, basic tuning and troubleshooting services as part of a Managed Services statement of work.
- Support GSO as Level 2/Level 3 collaborator on incident resolution
- Acts as a Regional SME/individual contributor in complex TDVM solution offerings and implementation projects requiring a high level of expertise. Mentors local in country resources to increase their awareness and technical competency related to TDVM over time.
- Work close with the TDVM COE when problems occur requiring deep technical and problem resolution skills
- Share knowledge and experince with other team memebrs
Experience and Qualifications:
- Passion for customer satisfaction and continuous improvement
- Technical understanding of entire Teradata Ecosystem
- Experience working in a virtual team with different cultures
- Good written and oral English communication skills
- Have strong organizational skills, self-starter and self-directed
- 2+ years Teradata CS or equivalent working experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a computer related technology field
- Working knowledge of Teradata database, OS like Linux, UNIX, and Windows
- Experience working customer services role (plus)
- Ability to travel and work under pressure
- Preferred Education: BS degree in computer science, computer engineering or an equivalent discipline
Community / Marketing Title: Operation Service Consultant
Job Category: Customer Support
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Warsaw, Mazowieckie PL