Senior Software Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 209435
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that over promise and under deliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Teradata, a market leader in data analytics, is looking for exceptional Senior Software Engineer to join Product Engineering Organization, Teradata Hyderabad. If you are interested in working in a startup environment where you can directly influence the end-2-end product engineering experience, for our products/services as-a-service platforms for On Premise and cloud-based analytics, then Teradata is the right place for you.
As a Software Engineer your responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Deliver reports/Dashboards with insights and future projects to enable decision making easy
- Service Engineering/Data visualizations of existing for large-scale enterprise systems and user data of internal tools and services
- Determine the scope by analyzing the problem definition and requirements
- Document the design proposals using flow charts, layouts, diagrams, charts etc
- The activities are geared towards improving product quality applying a data-driven approach to drive upstream process improvements. These efforts will require you to interact with employees at every level and from different departments and geographies of Teradata. Updating of Teradata Labs policy, process, procedure, guidelines and templates.
Education and Experience Required:
- Graduate in Computer Science or Electronics
- 6 to 8 years of Service Engineering, Data visualization, Data modelling, ETL activities, Advanced Scripting of large-scale enterprise systems
- Knowledge on data extraction, data reporting with analytic projections on complex data sets is must.
- In-depth hands-on report visualization skills using Microsoft Power BI
- Database scripting with SQL
- Governance experience with large Agile teams
- Working experience building data visualization connecting to enterprise engineering tools like Jira, Aha, Confluence, Git, Artifactory, Jenkins/Teamcity, Salesforce, ServiceNow etc.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and tools and quick ramp up
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to lead without authority
- Strong delivery focus, ownership, show sense of urgency and drive
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Experience with Salesforce (finance reporting metric data source) and ServiceNOW (Incident mgmt.) as a plus
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN