Location: Airoli Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 209428
Role - Business Consultant
Job Location - Mumbai
Are you passionate about making large companies smarter and analytics driven? The world’s largest and most analytically sophisticated enterprises use Teradata’s industry-leading analytic technology solutions and consulting services to enable them to capture, store, manage, integrate and analyse detailed data to understand and improve business performance; providing real answers to enterprise business problems –deployed at scale and across a complex data eco-system. We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence: on-premise, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
The Business Consultant is a key member of Teradata’s go-to-market (GTM) account team. Engaging directly with our clients, you’ll form part of a close collaborative triad with two other key dedicated team members: the Account Executive and Solution Engineer.
You’ll sell business capabilities and solutions powered by Teradata Vantage software, helping solve complex business and industry challenges with software and consulting services. Whether stand-alone projects or longer-term data management and analytics programs, you’ll build relationships with our client’s business buyers and influencers and focus on fostering customer business benefits and growth.
You’ll report to the Business Consulting Leader for your Geography.
The Business Consultant is a key business role. You’re responsible for creating innovation for our client by proposing and agreeing real business outcomes enabled by data and analytics. Your primary objective is to drive consumption of Teradata software by demonstrating the benefit to your client. So your focus is on the largest opportunities for the selling of assets, solutions and consulting services at scale.
These responsibilities are reflected in key skills you’ll need
- Strong team working skills – both within your account team and with other stakeholders
- Professional and effective communication skills that successfully build and maintain customer relationships at senior management and C-level
- Strong commercial practices in structuring and strategizing deals, driving for high margin services and high customer profitability
And at every stage, you’ll have responsibility for this key role between Teradata and its valued clients.
More specifically, as a Business Consultant, you’ll
- Provide account strategy and thought leadership on how Teradata’s offerings help solve industry and business challenges and deliver real outcomes and ROI. You’re responsible for constant evaluation of business value and ROI, and the potential for new initiatives –all reflected on an outcomes roadmap with objectives and strategies to achieve them
- Prioritize time and investments with the account team towards the largest and most critical opportunities for your client – always highlighting where Teradata has most differentiation value with our Vantage platform and our knowledge of data & analytics solutions at scale
- Drive and oversee the consulting pipeline for your account – this includes guiding your account team on overall revenue, backlog and order forecasting, and providing business outlook on opportunities, orders and revenue, as input to Consulting Delivery
Because of the role’s collaborative nature between Teradata and the client, you’ll need to be on the client’s site for the majority of the time. So, in most cases travel to the client’s site is expected.
To succeed in this role, you’ll ideally have a combination of the following
- BSc, MBA or MSc in a business, technical or professional discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years industry experience, including proven experience in selling and commercial packaging of complex solutions involving software and consulting services, projects and programs – as well as transformation processes and ability to lead change management initiatives
- Acknowledged and consolidated experience within the Data domain: Data Management, Data Analytics, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics, Big Data, etc
- Ability to create solid and trusted working relationships with clients: understand their business strategy and priorities, use data & analytics to grow their business and engage Industry Consultants when additional deep subject matter expertise is required
- Experience in overseeing a portfolio of engagements and activities related to business management consultancy
- A commitment to life-long learning and personal development – both for yourself and your extended teams
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, with proficiency in written and spoken business English
City: Airoli Navi Mumbai
Community / Marketing Title: Business Consultant
Job Category: Sales
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Airoli Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra IN