Staff Cloud Software Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209382
Staff Cloud Software Engineer (Fedramp)
Are you passionate about building highly scalable, fault tolerant, elastic, and secure services in public cloud environments like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud? Do you enjoy providing technical leadership to a team of engineers?
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the world's leading data analytics company is looking for software engineers who are passionate about building cloud services to join our Teradata Vantage Cloud Platform team. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a startup like environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will join a team of engineers, to build cloud services and cloud native integrations that bring Teradata’s analytics capabilities to the public cloud platforms. This position is part of the Cloud Platform Engineering Team focused on GovCloud investments.
Your job responsibilities will include:
- Design and Implement Cloud services that manage the infrastructure and control plane on the public cloud platforms.
- Evaluate cloud native solutions and other vendor services to build Cloud platform agnostic solutions and drive the design.
- Implement automations to provision, configure, manage and monitor Teradata Cloud services, sites and offerings.
- Develop threat models to ensure the Cloud platform services are secure and meets our compliance standards for GovCloud regions.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- At least 7 years of hands-on software development experience.
- At least 2 years as a technical lead.
- Experience with designing, building, and operating distributed complex software systems on AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with dev-ops software development methods.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency with at least one modern general-purpose programming languages like Java, C++, Go, Python, etc.
- Experience in full stack development.
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers.
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
- Experience with Teradata (or other RDMS) and NoSQL technologies.
- Experience with Docker container related technologies like Kubernetes, Mesos etc.
- Experience with supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems.
- Familiarity with FedRAMP compliance and GovCloud standards will be a plus.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Consistent with Colorado law, Colorado applicants can email the Ask.HR@teradata.com inbox to receive the compensation range information for this role. Please provide proof of Colorado residency in your request.
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Cloud Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US