Technical Support Engineer - Portuguese/Spanish/English
Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
Requisition Number: 209373
Technical Support Engineer - Trilingual Spanish/English/Portuguese
Location: Tijuana, BC, Mexico (Zona Rio)
Are you a problem solver? Do you like fast-paced technical environments that allow you to work with customers, field representatives, and engineers? If so, a position as a Technical Support Engineer at Teradata is a great fit for you.
What We Do
Teradata Technical Support Engineers work with our Fortune-500 Clients to solve technical problems they encounter with our Cloud Analytics and Database tools. Along with incident management and initial problem-solving capabilities for the world’s leading analytics platform and database, you will provide the technical/functional knowledge necessary to resolve customer problems. Our team is a 24x7 high-volume global support center. Along with incident management, we provide technical/functional knowledge necessary to resolve customer’s problems, both internal and external.
What You’ll Do
The Technical Support Engineer works in a fast-paced, demanding technical customer support center environment that requires timely solutions to complex technical problems, often of a critical nature to the customer. As a Technical Support Engineer, you will perform troubleshooting activities, escalate problems to the appropriate party(s), and assist in communicating the solution to the customer. You will develop and maintain a working knowledge of current hardware, software, firmware, processes, and tools. You are required to have both strong technical and interpersonal skills. The work environment requires 24x7 coverage. This position will also be providing support to customers in Brazil in the local language (Portuguese).
Accept and respond to incoming calls and emails
- Provide Initial problem triage and clarify problem definition
- Search knowledge bases for known solutions to known problems
- Identification and management of duplicate incidents
- Extract logs, dumps, error files from customer systems
- Prepare and transmit source upgrade files
- Provide remote support to on-site resources
- Isolates standard problems
- Log problem resolution and support knowledge creation
- Coordinates activities associated with product/service resolution issues
- Apply search tools to identify previously developed solutions and recognize patterns and symptoms
- Coordinate with customers and end-users to implement solutions.
- Track, monitor, and maintain incident progress
- Manage the coordination of problem records and associated activities to drive problem resolution
- Drive service quality and process improvement through continuous business process analysis
Skills and Experience You’ll Need to Be Successful
- Current USA B1/B2 Visa Required (or ability to obtain as a condition of employment)
- Fluent in English, Portuguese, & Spanish (Effective oral and written communications skills required)
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of Technical Support related experience
- Basic Database and Operating System knowledge
- Experience in a Help Desk/Customer Service position
- Work schedule flexibility required (Work set schedules including weekends and holidays)
Ideally, you will also have the following:
- Knowledge of Support Center procedures and troubleshooting protocols
- Knowledge of Lean Problem Solving
- Knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Windows, and other current operating systems
- Knowledge of Teradata support tools including the installation of remote tools
CountryEEOText_Description: Why We Think You’ll Love Teradata We prioritize a people-first culture because we know our people are at the very heart of our success. We embrace a flexible work model because we trust our people to make decisions about how, when, and where they work. We focus on well-being because we care about our people and their ability to thrive both personally and professionally. We are an anti-racist company because our dedication to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a statement. It is a deep commitment to doing the work to foster an equitable environment that celebrates people for all of who they are.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Support Engineer - Portuguese/Spanish/English
Job Category: Customer Support
At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with better information. That’s why we built the most complete cloud analytics and data platform for AI. By delivering harmonized data, trusted AI, and faster innovation, we uplift and empower our customers—and our customers’ customers—to make better, more confident decisions. The world’s top companies across every major industry trust Teradata to improve business performance, enrich customer experiences, and fully integrate data across the enterprise.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX