Senior Software Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209366
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
Teradata Labs, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata Corporation, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
Supporting Teradata in the cloud is a key part of our “Teradata Everywhere” strategy. Our Data Warehousing and analytics solutions need to operate on a greater number of open platforms and as a software only solution. Teradata is committed to offering solutions for a number of public and private cloud environments as well as our traditional on-premise solutions.
This position is for a Software Engineer. This group is responsible for delivering and supporting software solutions to provision, install, update and manage the lifecycle of Teradata software products. The position involves software development, integration, functional testing (including automated test development), and support of our software solutions.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated and creative software engineer who is ready to participate in an agile team environment and contribute to the success of Teradata. The successful candidate will possess excellent software engineering skills in technologies such as C++, Python, and perl development. Excellent analysis and troubleshooting and good oral and written communication skills are also required.
- Senior member of an agile development team responsible for full software life cycle.
- Work on Stories as defined by the Product Owner to develop and support software required to install, configure, upgrade, and do other system management on Teradata database and ecosystem applications in various environments.
- Work individually or side-by-side with other scrum team members to document, implement, and test software in support of the overall solution.
- Serve as a senior peer in technical meetings, regular code reviews, and technical planning meetings
- Ultimately be accountable for the quality of all Teradata solutions that are developed by the team.
- Understanding of software development in a fast-paced agile scrum development environment.
- Expert experience with one or more programming languages including C/C++, Python, Java, Perl.
- Knowledge of software packaging technologies such as rpm and zypper
- Knowledge of RESTful API development
- Knowledge of Web UI development with Covalent, Angular, React, etc.
- Knowledge of configuration management and orchestration tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Knowledge of Linux operating system
- Familiarity with Git
- Familiarity with Jenkins
- Experience with analysis and troubleshooting of large systems and processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 5+ years of work experience.
- Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline with 3+ years of experience
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US