Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) Security, Cloud Operations
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 209342
Position Title: DevOps Engineer (III)
Role: Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) Security, Cloud Operations
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company, is growing our Cloud Operations team and we’re looking for individuals that exemplify our principle of Customer Obsession through operational excellence, leadership, and a passion to continually be the voice of the customer. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will actively develop and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage-based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
Teradata seeks an experienced SRE / DevSecOps Engineer to build and operate secure systems that are highly scalable, and fault-tolerant, in a distributed and dynamic Hybrid Cloud environment.
- Work closely with our InfoSec COE team and AppSec teams as the primary operations resource (POC) for all security-related topics
- Proactively identify and remediate security risks introduced by the cloud platforms, or as flagged by vulnerability scanning software
- Implement solutions necessary to address security audits and compliance efforts on our cloud platforms. Knowledge of SOX, PCI DSS, HIPAA, and FedRAMP is highly desirable.
- Ability to dive deep into software configurations and logs to recommend security-based improvements
- Identify opportunities to leverage automation to improve security and build the tools necessary to execute improvements
- Work closely with engineering teams to ensure we are considering security when architecting and building new features.
- Ensure that solutions are engineered with operational efficiency and security in mind. Identify and develop tools to aid this process
- Work with external security testing vendors to coordinate pen testing and monitoring of our platform and network. Coordinate any necessary fixes both with the operations and engineering teams
- Build automation frameworks and systems to improve time to delivery using modern CI/CD systems
- Participate in on-call for escalated support of production customer and systems
- Perform and improve SRE & Operational functions, such as observability and maintenance of productions systems
- 5+ years of Cloud Operations / Engineering experience
- 3+ years with a strong focus on security
- Strong hands-on system administrator experience on public cloud platforms on at least one of the big three (Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure) required
- Experience with automated configuration management and deployment using tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, and Python required
- Strong system administrator experience with Linux and Windows operating systems required
- Experience with vulnerability scanning software such as Nessus, Amazon Inspector, Azure Security Center, and Black Duck highly desirable
- Experience with automated test and build systems such as Jenkins, Maven, Antpreferred
- Experience with auditing and logging tools such as AuditD, NXLog, Solar Winds, or AWS CloudTrail
- Experience with Monitoring and reporting tools such as DataDog, New Relic, Nagios, and Graphite
- Experience with managed Kubernetes in the cloud using GKE, AKS, or EKS
- Experience working with virtualization software such as VMWare and Openstack
- Experience working in a hybrid environment preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field preferred
- Teradata experience is a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) Security, Cloud Operations
Job Category: Customer Support
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN