Location: Bern, Canton of Bern, Switzerland
Requisition Number: 209336
Data Engineers define the architecture and design of data ingestion and ETL / ELT processing to meet the clients functional and non-functional requirements and objectives. They lay the basis for data analysis and experimentation to guide clients through the digital landscape by cleaning, transforming and aggregating data as well as writing complex queries. Data Engineers will generally be expected to be “T‑Shaped” professionals who have a broad understanding of the data acquisition and integration space and to be able to weigh the pros and cons of different architectures and approaches.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop comprehensive solutions for our client's business problems regarding data analytics
- Participate in workshops with our clients to translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Design and develop efficient, automated, robust and reusable code, scripts, and data processing pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data (big data) from various sources including stream, near real-time and batch processing
- Develop project deliverable documentation
- Support our customers in their journey to become data driven businesses
- All consultants are expected to build value in themselves. Teradata’s extensive library of both instructor-led and web-based training (Teradata University, LinkedIn Learning, Udemy) provides ample opportunity for the consultant to develop, build and maintain marketable skills.
- All consultants are expected to build value in their practice through the contribution and reuse of consulting assets that may improve or accelerate the project delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Verbal and written communication skills in German and English (C1 and above mandatory)
- Proven hands-on experience in several of the following areas: database architecture, ETL, business intelligence, big data, machine learning, advanced analytics
- Experience in collecting user requirements and the ability to understand complex business needs to translate them into analytical application solutions
- Experience in implementing cloud solutions on AWS. Azure or Google Cloud
- Profound knowledge of SQL and Python
This will be a plus:
- Teradata database proven knowledge (previous experience, certificates)
- Experience in writing complex SQL statements and optimizing Teradata SQL, reading and understanding Teradata query-plans
- Ability to tune the database model performance for analytical queries
- Practical knowledge of CASE tools (e.g., Erwin Modeler, Power Designer)
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) is the leading multi-cloud data platform company for enterprise analytics, transforming how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
At Teradata, we are leading the data era. As enterprises address today’s digital economy, they are faced with new competition and consumer expectations and are turning to data to power their future. Teradata has worked with the largest companies in the world for 40+ years, bringing our experience and expertise to support global enterprises with their most demanding, mission-critical, complex, and large-scale data needs. Teradata is recognized as a leader in the cloud, data, and analytics spaces by top analyst firms, Gartner and Forrester, and Fortune Magazine as well.
Our connected multi-cloud data platform for enterprise analytics, Teradata Vantage™, is an extremely scalable, secure, and resilient offering that simplifies ecosystems by connecting data and making it easier to uncover insights from across the organization…regardless of where that data resides. With Vantage, we enable companies to modernize their data management, from start to scale. Every day, millions of users benefit from our open data platform. Empowering customers and partners to develop and build how they like, we enable hundreds of business outcomes and solutions, including improving customer experience and profitability, driving operational efficiency, realizing financial transformation, or achieving operational efficiency.
As the world of data grows, we are the leader in enabling the future of connected businesses, powered by data intelligence. We are committed to delivering on this vision by following sustainable business practices and with a strong focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that only by embracing diversity of identity, thought, background, expression, and perspective can we solve today’s challenges and reimagine tomorrow’s world.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bern, Bern CH