Junior Data Engineer
Location: Zurich/Wallisellen, Zurich CH
Requisition Number: 209335
Junior Data Engineer
Data Engineers define the architecture and design of data ingestion and ETL / ELT processing to meet the clients functional and non-functional requirements and objectives. They lay the basis for data analysis and experimentation to guide clients through the digital landscape by cleaning, transforming and aggregating data as well as writing complex queries. Data Engineers will generally be expected to be “T‑Shaped” professionals who have a broad understanding of the data acquisition and integration space and to be able to weigh the pros and cons of different architectures and approaches.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop comprehensive solutions for our client's business problems regarding data analytics
- Participate in workshops with our clients to translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Design and develop efficient, automated, robust and reusable code, scripts, and data processing pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data (big data) from various sources including stream, near real-time and batch processing
- Develop project deliverable documentation
- Support our customers in their journey to become data driven businesses
- All consultants are expected to build value in themselves. Teradata’s extensive library of both instructor-led and web-based training (Teradata University, LinkedIn Learning, Udemy) provides ample opportunity for the consultant to develop, build and maintain marketable skills.
- All consultants are expected to build value in their practice through the contribution and reuse of consulting assets that may improve or accelerate the project delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Verbal and written communication skills in German and English (Fluent in both)
- Proven hands-on experience in several of the following areas: database architecture, ETL, business intelligence, big data, machine learning, advanced analytics
- Experience in collecting user requirements and the ability to understand complex business needs to translate them into analytical application solutions
- Experience in implementing cloud solutions on AWS. Azure or Google Cloud
- Profound knowledge of SQL and Python
This will be a plus:
- Teradata database proven knowledge (previous experience, certificates)
- Experience in writing complex SQL statements and optimizing Teradata SQL, reading and understanding Teradata query-plans
- Ability to tune the database model performance for analytical queries
- Practical knowledge of CASE tools (e.g., Erwin Modeler, Power Designer)
Community / Marketing Title: Junior Data Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Zurich/Wallisellen, Zurich CH