Pre Sales Solution Engineer
Location: Dallas, Texas US
Requisition Number: 209312
Position Title: Solutions Engineers V
Pre-Sales Solution Engineer
The Solution Engineer (SE) leverages data architecture, data warehouse, and analytics and associated domain knowledge to promote sales of Teradata solutions. The SE has broad knowledge of the Big Data, data warehouse and analytic space, and experience with Teradata products and technologies. The SE articulates analytical ecosystem architectures and trends, and provides technical consulting, as a trusted advisor, to support sales activities. The SE establishes and enhances customer relationships ranging from DBA to CIO, and provides technical expertise on engagements and identifies new target opportunities within our accounts.
Overall Job Purpose:
- Drive sales of Teradata software and services
- Technical sales leader for Teradata Account Team
- Serves as trusted technical advisor to client and facilitator of additional Teradata SMEs and functions
- Increase use of Teradata software through positioning of new features, adding new applications and taking out competitive solutions
- Demonstrates technical expertise and credibility with customers, from technical admin to CIO
- Understand and advise customers on data ecosystem architectures
- Partners with Account Executive and extended account team on account planning and strategy
- Work with overall account team to identify and qualify sales opportunities
- Assist or operate the internal ordering process, from solution sizing to deployment
Key Solution Engineer Responsibilities
- Advocate Teradata products and solutions to existing customers and prospects.
- Act as the “face” of Teradata to customers & prospects – able to quickly and easily articulate the value of Teradata software and services.
- Continuously drive and promote the value of Teradata solutions for customer business challenges – create value, articulate value, maintain value.
- Understand customer data and analytics challenges and help translate to business requirements in positioning Teradata software and services.
- Stay current with continuous education of Teradata’s latest software, platforms and cloud solutions.
- Craft creative solutions that leverage informed assumptions even when only partial information is known.
- Document client’s current analytical ecosystem, application architecture and data flow to/from Teradata and non-Teradata solutions.
- Understand and communicate customer-specific value of Teradata solutions and how they integrate with the customer’s analytical ecosystem as part of a future-state roadmap.
- Understand business value customers gain by use of analytics. Understand and align our software and service offerings to solve business problems.
- Manages relationships with client stakeholders as the key advisor on analytic architecture and by partnering with the customer’s architecture experts (ecosystem & domain architects).
- Creates client interest in Teradata solutions, advancing the sales process
- Syncs daily with account team lead to discuss account strategy and future sales opportunities
- Comprehension of rapidly evolving open source and competitive technologies and how they compare/contrast or compliment Teradata offerings.
- Partner with Consulting, Customer Services, Global Sales Support, Pricing, Finance and sales to formulate offers and proposals.
- Facilitate and/or lead demonstration of Teradata Cloud and Analytics capabilities.
- Occasionally, take advisory and leadership role in strategic Consulting engagements in partnership with Consulting
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Pre Sales Solution Engineer
Job Category: Sales
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US