Sr. Staff Product Manager: Resiliency
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 209282
Position Title: Product Manager (V)
Sr Staff Technical Product Manager: Business Continuity – Resiliency
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Job Category: Product Management
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Today Teradata offers industry-leading always-on capabilities enabling users to meet their business continuity/disaster recovery objectives and a variety of techniques for data migrations from old to new Teradata systems. However, Teradata users are asking for the most cost-effective approaches, so given this what’s next for Teradata? We believe that Teradata is poised to define the end states, with cost right sized, and are looking for talent to help define that state, logically plan, and execute with the team to achieve associated goals.
About the Position: Sr. Staff Technical Product Manager: Business Continuity - Availability
We are looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager to lead a cohesive effort in building Data Lifecycle Management solutions (Data Migration, Business Continuity solutions). As a Senior Technical Product Manager for Business Continuity, you will be responsible for defining, planning, and executing Teradata’s solutions for disaster recovery and high availability. You will drive product development, expanding solution capabilities by understanding firsthand customer insights and translating business needs to engineer for development. We need you, as the candidate, to understand complex technical market needs and then translate these needs for consumption by a variety of teams using an Agile framework.
This Sr. Technical Product Manager position is for a well-rounded candidate with relevant experience in technical software product ownership/management (or equivalent experience), agile development, accompanied and awareness of business proficiencies like competitive analysis, pricing, and licensing.
- Define and refine product and solution vision and manage the product backlog accordingly
- Engage in the development of use cases, journey maps, user requirements and business plan for an offering or a solution
- Validate directions with internal stakeholders and external end user customers
- Declare, Deliver and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to help define/refine product vision and prepare for execution to impact and influence business results
- Understands User Stories, Definition of Done and Acceptance Criteria and Tests
- Follow the software development lifecycle from inception throughout design, engineering, testing and deployment
- Collaborate with UI/UX Designers to deliver coherent and intuitive interfaces
- Competitive review and understanding of market and technology trends in data lifecycle management
- Understands & Elaborates EPICs, User Stories, Definition of Done and Acceptance Criteria & Tests
- Converts Roadmap Initiatives (Epics) into consumable User Stories, with well-defined Requirements and Acceptance Criteria, and actively manages the resulting Product Backlog
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and negotiate complex concepts to management, team members as well as non-technical audiences
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent of education and experience
- 5+ years of Product Owner/Management (or equivalent) experience in a software technology business
- Good understanding of public, private and hybrid cloud infrastructures
- Solid understanding of resiliency strategies, best practices, and processes – SR, DR, HA, CA, Backups, Recovery, RTO, RPO …etc.
- Working knowledge of data center recovery technologies (network, storage, database, server)
- Experience working and leading scrum teams in an agile product development environment
- Ability to create and own the product vision and manage the product backlog from a user centered perspective.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. involves a limited amount of travel (<20%)
- Must have ability to work independently and collaborate across cross-functional teams.
- Ability to build relationships and influence in a matrix organization.
- Recent experience in Design and Implementation of highly scalable, highly available, Enterprise SW or Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, DWaaS) services and solutions
- Experiences in relational database stacks (examples - Teradata, Oracle, Postgres, or SAP) and awareness of applications (examples - ERP and CRM) that make use of them
- Deep understanding of relational database technologies with an emphasis on technologies and brands that assert high availability like Goldengate and Oracle Data Guard.
- Deep Understanding of Cloud Availability, Backup & Restore solutions
- Good knowledge on DevOps, Containerization, tools such as Slack, Jenkins, Docker, Phantom, Ansible, GitHub, Python scripting
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Staff Product Manager: Resiliency
Job Category: Product Management
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN