Location: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG
Requisition Number: 209272
Position Title: Technology Consulting IV
As a Delivery Architect within Data practice, you will be responsible for the solution design and implementation utilizing Company and 3rd party products leveraged with customer requirements.
- Design and deliver a technical solution in accordance to an agreed specification and in co-operation with the customer and Company Centers of competence.
- Tech leading the delivery projects.
- Work closely with both customer and project management team to deliver the project within time.
- Participate in the follow up of the delivered products and solutions to enable the solution support and evolution.
- Contribute in knowledge sharing communities.
- Expected to travel internationally and sometimes on short notice with variable durations (up to 10% per year).
- Education - Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience in customer implementation or Integration services and/or consulting preferably in a Government Finance industry.
- Consultative behavior, result-driven and self-motivated.
- Excellent English and Arabic: enough to participate in business meetings, technical classes and written communications.
- Proven experience in the solution implementation or engineering.
- Good understanding of data modelling.
Competences and skills:
- Knowledge of database technologies, Oracle or Teradata preferably.
- Data modelling experience across relational and non-relational technologies.
- Knowledge of scripting and other programming languages, like Python, Scala, shell, etc.
- Knowledge of the following markup languages and protocols is critical: XML, JSON.
- Knowledge of Unix-like operating systems, Sun Solaris and Linux preferably.
- Experience working within a Big Data Environment. For example, Hadoop, Kline, Hive, HBase, Spark.
- Experience working with an ETL or DI environment (like Informatica, SAS, Talend, Hitachi, Oracle, etc) is an advantage.
- Experience in JAVA EE programming (like EJB3.0, Spring, Hibernate, JPA and GlassFish) is an advantage.
- Experience on web development (Struts, Java script, JSP, HTML, AJAX, JSON and SVG) is an advantage.
- Experience working with virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V) is an advantage.
- Highly motivated to fulfill the goal within the customer environment and eager to contribute to the success of the company and the customer.
- Ability to share own knowledge and experience, mentoring skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills.
- Team player / Result Oriented.
- Ability to take on a leadership role in a team environment.
- High capability to drive, motivate and co-operate.
- Ability to examine situations from a highly analytical perspective.
- Ability to understand specific needs in which to create or alter solutions.
- Ability to work under stressful situations, meet tight deadlines and deliver services with high quality.
State: Al Qahirah
Community / Marketing Title: Delivery Architect
Job Category: Consulting
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG