Senior Staff Data Engineer
Location: Bellevue, Washington US
Requisition Number: 209260
Position Title: Data Science Engineer (V)
Sr. Staff Data Engineer
As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata is all about empowering high-impact business outcomes to unleash the potential of great companies. We focus every day on helping customers build lasting analytic capabilities and drive differentiated value through our flexible delivery of analytics at scale on an agile data foundation.
Our mission is to build out the world-class analytics ecosystem for the industry leader for mega-scale Analytics platforms. Teradata is looking for engineers with a passion for taming enterprise data at scale with innovative technologies, built on robust application frameworks, to accelerate delivery and simplify operations. Leverage your skills in building analytics applications to drive Teradata’s business and provide a reference architecture for the future of the Analytics Ecosystem.
The Teradata Sr. Staff Data Engineer will lead the building of analytics applications across the following areas while working to enhance existing application frameworks with capabilities to support new or evolved requirements:
- Data Integration: Applications for acquiring data from batch and stream sources, interpreting the data in-flight, loading asynchronously into multiple data management platforms, and applying logic to transform operational data into relational analytics objects
- Data Processing (including Data Science): Applications that consume enterprise data to produce actionable insights to drive business functions. Partner streaming and batch processing mechanisms to provide timely but efficient analysis for critical business functions
- Integrate Data Science capabilities to enhance decision-making and enable autonomous learning
- Data Management: Applications that help manage the content of the analytics ecosystem, including data lineage, metadata management, data quality, data patterns, data curation, data modeling, and more
- Data Presentation: Applications for presenting data for human consumption through sophisticated data visualizations that allow drill-through from a highly summarized view to the detailed events necessary to evaluate cause and effect. Includes automated alerting based on a statistically significant variation of key business and operational metrics
- Data Services: Applications for presenting data for programmatic consumption, including complex analytical data services in near real-time with millisecond latency to support in-flight business operations and autonomous decisions
- Interpret requirements, design, develop, test, release, and document analytics applications leveraging an agile methodology.
- Drive collaboration with product managers, analysts, and customers on application requirements (technical and non-technical) and success criteria.
- Drive collaboration with architects and other engineers on application design, standards, guidelines, and framework enhancements.
- Lead Scoping of engineering effort and work with the project team on the overall roadmap and agile planning.
- Drive collaboration with operations and on-call teams to provide on-going support and enhancements for deployed applications.
- Drive collaboration with Architects and Engineers on continuous improvement and Engineering Excellence.
- 10+ years of experience with relational data processing (SQL, RDBMS)
- 8+ years of programming experience (Unix/C/Java/Scala/Python/…)
- 8+ years of experience with data processing at scale (parallel processing technologies)
- 3+ years of experience with consuming & publishing data from streaming technologies (Kafka), Java APIs, REST APIs, and/or other services
- Strong communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills within a project team and across teams
- Experience with modular design and code re-use
- Experience with agile and waterfall project development methodologies
- Experience with Teradata RDBMS is a must
- Experience with cloud technologies is a plus
- Experience with web frameworks like AngularJS, NodeJS, and data visualization JS libraries is a plus
- Experience with machine learning is a plus
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Staff Data Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bellevue, Washington US