Marketing Business Analyst
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209255
Position Title: Marketing Operations Specialist (III)
The Business Analyst is responsible for developing and communicating data driven insight around marketing performance and effectiveness. The candidate must be well versed in assimilating, synthesizing, and critically evaluating data and information from various sources and developing impactful observations, recommendations, and conclusions. This includes collecting, updating, and analyzing data from various sources, and ensuring data integrity via data preparation and cleansing. The candidate needs to be comfortable turning data into visualizations that are easily understood and discussing results with multiple internal teams. The role requires superior analytical skills and extensive experience with business intelligence tools especially Microsoft Power BI.
- Develop, prepare and complete all reporting in a timely manner, using primarily Microsoft Power BI. This includes developing necessary processes and foundation to support the reporting and insights necessary to support and drive the objectives of the business.
- Collaborate with our internal data warehouse team to ensure all pertinent marketing data is available for reporting. This includes identifying new data to add, defining requirements, user testing and deployment as well as troubleshooting data integrity issues.
- Collecting, updating, and analyzing data from various sources for reporting and analysis.
- Preparing and cleansing data as required for reporting and analysis.
- Perform reporting out of Salesforce, Eloqua, and the Integrated Data Warehouse; among potential others.
- Respond to and fulfill ad-hoc reporting requests from various business units and project managers to help them understand the relative impact and results from their own activities.
- Provide accurate analysis with thoughtful insights to get beyond just ‘what happened’ to ‘why did it happen’ and ‘what should we do about it and what do we think will happen next?’
- Communicate results clearly so that constituents understand the impact and outcome of the numbers.
- Drive movement toward more predictive and prescriptive analytics
- Continuously evolving and advancing the effectiveness of marketing performance reporting.
- Driving and/or supporting the establishment of targets and goals to be used in reporting and analysis.
- Developing and applying broad and deep knowledge of the business and marketing initiatives supported, primarily through interaction with the management and business users.
- Striving to apply knowledge of marketing performance measurement and metrics through active awareness of the most current techniques and benchmarks (i.e. research, webinars, education, etc.).
- 3-5 years’ experience delivering marketing and business reporting and analytics with a proven track record of delivering results
- Strong collaborative skills and characteristics, and a track record of establishing strong connections with business users and managers to develop analytics and reporting that helps them drive business results
- Experience using BI/Visualization tools especially Microsoft Power BI, in order to make data clear and easy to understand
- Experience developing reporting and analysis using Salesforce required
- Experience developing reporting and analysis using Eloqua is a plus
- Self-motivated, organized and deadline-driven with the ability to manage and support multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience pulling metrics & insights from disparate sources using disparate tools and bringing them into our data and reporting as necessary
- Ability to apply innovative thinking to solve complex marketing challenges
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business, marketing, and financial acumen
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional ability to assimilate, synthesize, and critically evaluate data and information from various sources and develop impactful observations, recommendations, and conclusions
- Ability to effectively present reports, analysis, and recommendations to all levels of management
- SQL programming skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, high level of accuracy
- Creativity and innovation, ability to overcome obstacles
- Flexibility and adaptability
- BS degree is required. MS degree a plus.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Marketing Business Analyst
Job Category: Marketing
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US