Technical Trainer and Developer - Cloud Specialist
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209253
Position Title: Technical & Product Training Specialist IV
Technical Trainer and Developer - Cloud Specialist
Teradata provides the leading cloud data analytics platform that enables companies to unlock continuous unlimited value from their data, and Teradata customers, partners and associates need training, and not just a couple of PowerPoint slides and a long lecture. Our Technical Enablement team is developing highly technical courses with extensive hands-on labs that allow our associates deep into our technologies, e-learning courses and microlearning videos in the Vantage UI that can be accessed 24x7. You'll get to educate and play at the same time, as well as design and support our cloud training lab environments!
The successful candidate is a confident, articulate professional with a healthy technical knowledge of IT domains and Cloud lab environments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and the ability to translate technical content into easy-to-understand training (PowerPoint slides and hands-on labs, typically in SQL). Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience teaching virtual instructor-led training classes as well as instructional design, technical documentation, or customer-facing presentation creation experience. Above all, you will have a passion for learning.
- Design, develop, and deliver Teradata Vantage technical and product training courses (virtual and live instructor-led training / workshops) with hands-on labs in Cloud environments for technical sales, presales and post-sales customer-facing roles as well as for customers and partners
- Develop end user and/or DBA courseware for virtual instructor-led training, e-learning and others forms of blended distance learning
- Design creative hands-on learning experiences that can be utilized just-in-time and provide on-the-job performance support such as microlearning videos and recorded demos for eLearning courses
- Design, build, upgrade, and maintain our hands-on Cloud lab environments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Consult with subject matter experts and stakeholders to understand needs and develop appropriate learning deliverables to develop identified skills and knowledge
- Build and cultivate relationships with Teradata leaders and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Be adaptable to change, self-motivated, and able to act independently to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Challenge existing models and processes to design innovative learning that can be used just-in-time and provide on-the-job performance support.
- 6-8+ years of experience designing, developing and teaching technical content to one or more of these types of audiences: data scientists, business analysts, citizen data scientists, data engineers, devops, database and cloud administrators, technical sales, consulting services, customer success managers
- 3-6+ years of experience coding in SQL language and either Python or R where you are proficient creating courseware teaching SQL and either Python or R
- Domain expertise in Cloud Technology (e.g. cloud services, object stores, scaling, building cloud systems, snapshots, glue, data factory), Virtualization (VMware), and Databases
- A demonstrated ability to adapt to new database tools and technologies and learn quickly
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and Office 365 applications, particularly in creating courseware in PowerPoint
- A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders
- Strong time management, communication and writing skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical abilities
- Excel in learning quickly, working independently, and as part of a team
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time including International travel (currently all courses are taught virtually)
These skills are a plus:
- Teaching virtual training using Webex Training Center or similar software
- Data Science, data analytics, H20 AI/AutoML and tools such as Tableau, JupyterHub
- Experience with Teradata Vantage ecosystems and cloud lab environment providers
- Experience using software for recording microlearning videos (e.g. Camtasia), simulation recordings (e.g. Captivate, Articulate 360)
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Trainer and Developer - Cloud Specialist
Job Category: Engineering
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US