Senior Instructional Designer / eLearning Developer
Location: Columbus, Ohio US
Requisition Number: 209250
Position Title: Technical & Product Training Specialist IV
Senior Instructional Designer / eLearning Developer
As a Senior Instructional Designer and eLearning Developer on our Technical Enablement team you will research, recommend, and produce a variety of complex, media rich, and highly interactive courses to up-level the knowledge and skills for our Go-to-Market teams, customers, and Partners. This key role will focus on leading and assisting the design, development and delivery of learning programs and enablement resources using a variety of formats including eLearning, virtual instructor-led, and blended learning methods. In this role you will collaborate with technical instructors on our team as well as a variety of other teams within Teradata (including Teradata User Experience, Customer Success, Partners, Consulting Services, Product Management, Marketing, Technical Sales, Solution Engineering, and more) to gather requirements and lead projects through the planning, design, implementation and evaluation lifecycle.
Teradata provides the leading cloud data analytics platform that enables companies to unlock continuous unlimited value from their data, and Teradata’s teams, customers and partners need training, and not just a couple of PowerPoint slides and a long lecture. Our Technical Enablement team, which you would be an instrumental member of, is developing highly technical end user and admin virtual instructor-led courses with extensive hands-on labs and interactive games. Our team also produces on-demand e-learning courses and microlearning videos that can be accessed 24x7 and self-paced labs that allow our associates deep into our technologies. You'll get to educate and play at the same time!
The successful candidate is a confident, articulate professional with a healthy technical knowledge of IT domains and the ability to translate technical content into easy-to-understand training. You have proven training, instructional design or technical documentation experience. You are experienced in designing and developing innovative learning solutions utilizing a variety of methods and tools. You use creative, engaging new approaches based on brain science, adult learning theories, and the latest educational technologies and trends. You have experience gathering requirements and assessing design needs to craft effective and efficient plans for performance solutions and services that address business-specific requirements and constraints. Above all, you will have a passion for learning.
- Designs, develops and delivers technical learning using multiple technologies and modalities such as self-paced eLearning courses and microlearning, ILT/VILT classroom sessions, blended learning and performance support materials for customers, partners, and technical and consulting audiences
- Coordinates and manages the full training cycle as needed including requirements gathering, design/development meeting product release deadlines, in-person delivery and web-based learning, evaluation and metrics reporting
- Works with subject matter experts (SMEs) to produce content that is highly engaging and effective at empowering learner to immediately execute and apply knowledge
- Experiments with new approaches to learning which scale and drive engagement
- Creates training outlines, design plans, storyboards, and authors e-learning content and blended solutions
- Transforms ILT and VILT content into interactive WBTs, with engaging activities, microlearning videos, quizzes, animations, games, job aids, lab guides, etc.
- Provides expert consultation on learning techniques, instructional design theory and digital technology solutions for eLearning and classroom/virtual classroom
Candidate must have 5-8+ years of experience as an Instructional Designer / eLearning Developer, preferably for technical or product release enablement. The candidate must have demonstrated experience with multiple types of learning solutions (including, but not limited to e-learning courses, mobile learning, simulations, microlearning, ILT and VILT programs, and blended learning/flipped classroom). The candidate must also have experience creating learning solutions for technical audiences (e.g., data scientists, citizen data scientists, business analysts, data engineers, database administrators, cloud administrators, devops, consulting services, customer success managers, solution engineers, or technical sales).
- Degree in Educational Technology, Instructional Design, or similar field preferred
- In-depth knowledge and proficiency with course authoring tools including Articulate Storyline and Rise, Adobe Captivate, TechSmith Camtasia, and office tools such as PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- In-depth knowledge and proficiency creating microlearning videos
- Challenge existing models and processes to design innovative learning that can be used just-in-time and provide on-the-job performance support
- Comfortable working in an environment that is constantly evolving
- Team player with superior people skills and a positive attitude
- Proven self-starter with ability to juggle priorities and manage expectations
- Robust communication skills (verbal, written) including ability to present, facilitate, and influence
- Strong critical thinker with ability to ramp-up quickly on new products, applications and systems
- Independent problem solver who will take initiative and execute work
- Must be deadline driven, organized and able to multi-task
These skills are a plus:
- Domain expertise in one or more of the following: Infrastructure, Networking, Database, Systems Administration, Cloud Technology
- Coding in SQL language
- HTML programming and other related programming skills to create learning websites and tools
- Authoring technical documentation
- Creating SharePoint sites
- Designing and/or building microlearning libraries
- Creating learning content in Saba learning management system
- Generating Excel learning metrics reports
- Scheduling of session offerings to global audiences
- Experience with graphic development tools such as Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with Microsoft Teams, Trello, Kanban, Jira, MS project or other project management tools
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Instructional Designer / eLearning Developer
Job Category: Engineering
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Ohio US