Lead Data Engineer (Kafka)
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 209241
Position Title: Technology Consulting III
Role - Data Engineer Lead
Job Location – Mumbai or Pune
This is for a Data Engineer Lead who will be specializing in Data Ingestion (Kafka / Spark) projects. Good experience on Java & Spark Development will be a key competency for this position.
- 10+ years of IT experience with at least three end-to-end lifecycle projects.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in Kafka, HDFS, Hive, MapReduce, Oozie
- Worked and developed at least one data ingestion pipeline
- Should have good exposure to Core Java or Other Programming languages like Scala and Python position.
- Excellent understanding of Object-Oriented Design & Patterns
- Experience working independently and as part of a team to debug application issues working with configuration files\databases and application log files.
- Should have good knowledge on optimization & performance tuning
- Working knowledge of one of the IDEs (Eclipse or IntelliJ)
- Experience in working with shared code repository (VSS, SVN or Git)
- Experience with one of the software build tools (ANT, Maven or Gradle)
- Knowledge on Web Services (SOAP, REST)
- Good Experience in Basic SQL/Shell scripting
- Awareness about Hadoop Security
- Should be able to work or enhance on predefined frameworks
- Should be able to communicate effectively with Customers
- Commit to travel to customer locations and core GDC sites (Pune/Mumbai/Manila) when required.
Nice to have Experience:
- Working experience with Apache NiFi
- Exposure on XML & JSON processing.
- Databases: Teradata, DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle (one or more required).
- Awareness about Bigdata Security & related technologies
- Experience with Webservers: Apache Tomcat or JBoss
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Data Engineer (Kafka)
Job Category: Consulting
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN