Account Executive - Financial Services Vertical
Location: New York, New York US
Requisition Number: 209221
Position Title: Account Executive V
Account Executive – Financial Services
An exciting opportunity to join Teradata’s Premier and Strategic tier customer account teams as a Senior Account Executive. In this role, the Senior Account Executive is valued member of an existing Account Team that’s focused on optimizing the value and successful consumption of Teradata software and services in one of our largest Financial Services clients. To be successful, you need to be an adept communicator, capable of engaging in business and technical conversations at multiple levels of the client organization. You will partner with Account team leaders to execute specific sales strategies and tactics in support of defined customer targeted objectives. Finally, if you are naturally analytical and enjoy learning, digging into the business of customers and how analytics and technology impact their business’ outcomes, interested in propelling your sales career and helping them unlock value from their Teradata investments then this is the role for you!
- Lead and articulate account planning, business development, managing aspects of the selling process that ultimately close sales opportunities, with attainment of quarterly goals, and forecasting accuracy.
- Understands the clients’ key business initiatives, areas of concern, technology stack, and competitive environment. With this knowledge, recognizes how Teradata solutions apply and can articulate the value of these solutions, building a sound business case while generating compelling event to close sales opportunities.
- Builds and manages relationships with business users, customer decision makers, and IT departments.
Helps coordinate targeted segments of Teradata engagement with client, while involving specialist resources when needed in the selling process, track both consumption and use of TD Platform, as well as overseeing the deliverable of consulting projects and renew platform and services contracts.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Teradata products and solutions as well as competitor’s offerings.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Preferably 5-10 years of quota carrying sales or related customer interaction role, business development, inside sales. Door opener and hunter sales personality.
- Successful track record in closing sales, lead conversion, business development, converting new prospects into customers and a willingness to pursue multiple contacts in support of common sales strategy.
- Ability to excel in a team selling environment focused on client benefit and overall success of Teradata Account Team, building and maintaining long term strategic relationship with the customer.
- Awareness and comprehension of the latest advanced analytics techniques and how they apply to business decisions.
- Experience with CRM applications to document sales opportunities progress with discipline, forecasting policies, close plans, targeted marketing techniques, account planning both processes and methodologies, and commonly used tools.
- Prior experience in the finance/banking industry a plus
- Experience in Cloud, analytics, consulting services.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: New York
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Account Executive - Financial Services Vertical
Job Category: Sales
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US