Location: Prague, Praha CZ
Requisition Number: 209212
Position Title: Analytics Consulting III
Role: Systems Engineer
A Systems Engineer plans, designs, develops and deploys platform technologies. They define technology choices, deployment options, and migration strategies. Systems Engineers define and design high availability and business continuity architecture. Systems Engineers perform sizing and performance analysis, optimization, capacity planning and configuration, systems administration, upgrades, etc. A Systems Engineer is broadly aligned with the Platform Development sub-practice.
Systems Engineers may be specialists (e.g.: Cloud Architects, Teradata DBAs, Hadoop Administrators, Performance Analysts), but will be encouraged to develop into “T-shaped” professionals as part of their professional development. Systems Engineers manage use of platform services like Hadoop and Kubernetes, mostly deployed on Linux. Principal Systems Engineers may function as Tech Leads.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain distributed platform architecture
- Interface with project stakeholders (PM, members of Scrum team, customer) to define and document system design requirements
- Document designed solution (Run Book, User Guides)
- Develop and validate the system design
- Test the developed system (smoke test, system integration test, performance test).
- Deploy systems in cloud, on premises or in hybrid environment.
- Support and maintain the deployed solution.
- Establish and maintain a configuration management solution.
- Establish and maintain Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines.
- Solid knowledge of Linux - basic layout, package management, user management, shell scripting and overall good Unix vocabulary
- Proficiency in at least one programming or scripting language (Java, Groovy, Python, Ruby, Perl…)
- Proficiency in a configuration management tool (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack)
- Good knowledge of a version control system (Git, Subversion…)
- Ability to use bug/task/change tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla…)
- Ability to write technical documentation in English language (Run Books, User Guides, Tutorials…)
- Knowledge of build tools (Maven, Gradle…) and use of infrastructure servers (Nexus, Artifactory…)
- Experience with or at least some knowledge of system integration tools or/and middleware
- Exposure to Hadoop, especially from DevOps perspective (Cloudera Manager, Apache Ambari)
- Basic knowledge of security and authentication (LDAP and/or Kerberos and SSL)
- Understanding basic networking concepts (WAN, LAN, DNS, OSI, Protocols…)
- Experience with test automation in any language.
- EU Citizenship or CZ permanent residency is required.
What we offer:
- World-class technical training within Teradata University
- Every new hire gets a detailed training plan containing 2 weeks on-site training about Teradata architecture
- Language courses (Czech, German)
- Relocation bonus (if coming to Prague from abroad)
- 25 days of holiday a year
- Private medical care
- Meal vouchers in amount of 110 CZK/ day (Teradata contributes 83 CZK/day)
- Company’s contribution for the Pension fund (up to 3% of monthly gross salary)
- Life insurance
- Company’s assistance in case of sickness (25% of your gross base salary) in addition to local regulations
- Employee referral program (4,000$ USD)
- Sports and activities membership program
- Employee stock purchase program
- Contribution of 300$ USD for a mobile phone of your choice (every 2 years)
Community / Marketing Title: Systems Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ