Intern - Services Operational Excellence
Location: Seattle, Washington US
Requisition Number: 209210
Position Title: Intern-Engineering (II)
With all the expenditures made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between, throughout the world. We call this pervasive data intelligence. It’s the new way we transform how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June 2021 and ending in August/September 2021. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
The Services Operational Excellence – Offer Engineering team translates the service offer concepts prioritized by Product Management into implementable plans for delivery and operations by the Customer Support & Services Organization (CS&S). The team is responsible for defining the strategy for implementation of Teradata’s CS&S service offers to include delivery methodology, processes and workflow, roles and responsibility and tools needed to deliver in a way that exceeds customer expectations. This team operationalizes an overall portfolio of Teradata offers that drive annual recurring revenue (ARR) growth and our overall corporate strategy.
- Partner with Service Experience Managers, IT, Global Support and Service Delivery teams to document delivery processes with the goal of standardizing delivery across all global accounts
- Assess the documented process for inefficiencies, waste, delivery gaps and alignment to contract requirements to identify areas to improve our cost to deliver and value achieved
- Deploy the documented process for field delivery and support
- Partner with development resources to convert standardized processes into automation to remove the time and effort to deliver
- Identify and recommend analytics for measuring success
- May perform additional projects upon request
- Process documentation and requirements gathering experience
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people, and systems in order to simplify and improve inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes
- Proven ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Familiarity with Lean or Agile/Scrum preferred
- Practical knowledge of analytics and data warehousing
- Proven ability to self-manage work and move forward in the face of ambiguity
- Exceptional attention to detail, problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Pursuing BS or Masters with a graduation date later than May/June 2021
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Intern - Services Operational Excellence
Job Category: Product Management
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Seattle, Washington US