Account Executive - UnitedHealth Group
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Requisition Number: 209204
Position Title: Account Executive V
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - HEALTHCARE
Location: Minneapolis, MN
The Account Executive (AE) is responsible for direct sales and insuring client value realization supporting specific Health Insurance account(s) in the Central region as part of the strategic named-accounts organization. The person is responsible for the profitable sale of the Teradata analytic solution portfolio including Cloud solutions, Infrastructure & Analytical Consulting Services, Managed Services, Teradata data warehouse software and platforms, Customer Services. The AE is expected to work as part of the overall Healthcare Account team.
• Understand the needs, goals and challenges of all business functions of each client
• Support client to develop their analytical and predictive capabilities with the goal of integrating Teradata solutions and services into the fabric of business decision-making.
• Develop healthcare industry knowledge shaped by analytics exposure; continually increase knowledge of the clients business (and industry) often serving as the clients first line consultant.
• Engage with senior level client contacts across all areas of the client’s business on a regular basis, delivering a continuous flow of business-building ideas (hypothesis), while securing relationship and performance/feedback.
• Develop and drive business value centric account plans, processes, and strategies that improve results for clients first, while growing the portfolio of Teradata solutions and services.
• Build, manage and foster an extended customer focused team-oriented environment.
• Lead complex multi-dimensional consulting services and data management engagements.
• Explain complex concepts in non-technical language to a variety of stakeholders.
• Drive C-suite relationship internally (Teradata R&D) and with the client.
• Prepare and deliver presentations to convey technology and business value propositions.
• Leverage knowledge of advanced analytics (machine learning, data mining, etc.) in a team centric client problem solving environment.
• Utilize data visualization and data management comprehension/skills.
• Apply excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills to convey value based messages to the client and internal team members.
• Continuous learning about open source and analytical solution trend strengths and issues.
• Develop an internal network of SMEs, stay current on other Teradata customer’s success stories and apply them in client situations.
This position is working in a virtual office environment, including home office & customer site. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required.
Travel up to 50% is also possible. The candidate must be based in the Midwest and be able to be onsite at customer locations up to 4 days per week.
Skills & Attributes
A successful candidate should be driven, creative, a self-starter and strategic thinker. The candidate must possess the ability to lead, advise and advocate for customers. The candidate must also be curious about a customer’s business needs/challenges, new solutions, new technologies, new types of services and have the personal drive to want to explore how they can be applied to a customer. Strong story telling skills is a must. Ability to be a calm but action oriented leader in time sensitive situations.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in selling enterprise software or consulting services specific to data management and analytical solutions.
• Demonstrated success in sales. 75%+ success record for making sales goals.
• Demonstrated success managing large or strategic account relationships.
• Master’s Degree
• The ideal candidate has experience working with large healthcare organizations like Anthem, Cigna, United Health Group, or others and understands the business and technology needs of these organizations.
• Experience and proves success developing account strategies, leading a team, taking on individual goals to drive new relationships and client value within targeted large or strategic accounts.
• Industry knowledge pertains to one’s ability to understand the current business problems that face customers in the industry, staying on top of industry trends, predicting/forecasting possible business problems, and being able to articulate how Teradata solutions can help the customer.
• Quantitative background/proven problem-solving skills.
• Previous experience selling consulting services, business intelligence & analytics solutions.
• Awareness and comprehension of the latest advanced analytics techniques and how they apply to business decisions.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Account Executive - UnitedHealth Group
Job Category: Sales
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Minneapolis, Minnesota US