Account Executive - Hybrid Exsisting Accounts
Location: Toronto, Ontario CA
Requisition Number: 209202
Position Title: Account Executive V
Account Executive - Hybrid Accounts
Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
To increase its market penetration within top Canadian companies, Teradata is looking to add an Account Executive to focus on the key sectors of Financial Sector, in the Greater Toronto Area. The position will be based in Toronto. This position requires experienced sales professionals with a proven track record in closing complex sales in the Canadian Financial Services sector, through consultative selling, and success in winning new customers. This role will be responsible for direct sales (orders and revenue) into named new accounts within Canada in the within these sectors, with responsibility for the sales of Teradata solutions, including Hardware and Software, Applications, Professional Services, Customer Services solutions, Education and Managed Services.
- Achieve assigned Order and Revenue Quota.
- Win new accounts in the Data Warehouse and Analytics sector in Canada
- Capitalize on industry knowledge and contacts to uncover business issues within prospects
- Effectively advise and influence customers through consultative selling techniques
- Articulate the proposed solution in terms of ROI to the prospect
- Utilize team members including post-sales delivery professionals, pre-sales technical professionals, and management to achieve business objectives
- Rely on excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to initiate and maintain executive-level interaction and customer satisfaction
- Develop new business opportunities and close new account business
- Close profitable Teradata data warehouse solution business incorporating hardware, software, professional services, and customer services
- Understand and articulate the valuate of Teradata Professional Services
- Complete all required ongoing product and solution training within the timeframes identified for each course.
- Maintain a detailed tracking of all prospect activities for weekly review with management.
- Use Teradata sales tools to manage customer contacts
- Use Teradata sales tools to track opportunities, deal value, estimated close dates and selling phase
- Provide monthly reporting of activities and Sales Outlook Forecast to management
This position is working in a virtual office environment, including home office & customer site. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required. Travel is also expected depending on the location of the candidate.
Skills & Attributes
A successful candidate should be driven, creative, a self-starter and strategic thinker. The candidate must possess the ability to lead, advise and advocate for customers.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field (Marketing, Sales, Management, Communications)
- Proven multi-year track record in working in complex, multi-million-dollar opportunities in major customer organizations within Canadian Top Financial Services accounts.
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing a large account relationship.
- Demonstrated success in selling Hadoop, data warehouse solutions, big data and deep analytics concepts, Business Intelligence and or ETL solutions.
- Familiarity with similar solutions from Oracle, IBM, SAS and SAP.
- Sales-level familiarity with technical aspects of computer hardware and software, current trends in computing.
- Experience in selling and articulating the value of Professional Services and Managed Services (Outsourcing).
- Must be competent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Outstanding presentation skills
- A self-starter, able to work independently and rapidly understand the Teradata Value Proposition and Solutions.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with ‘C’ and VP level executives
- Must have a valid passport, drivers’ license; be willing to travel within Canada and to travel unrestricted into the United States as required
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, strong work/family programs, and benefits coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Community / Marketing Title: Account Executive - Hybrid Exsisting Accounts
Job Category: Sales
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Toronto, Ontario CA