Renewals Account Manager
Location: MUNICH, Bavaria DE
Requisition Number: 209194
Position Title: CFL Account Partner II
Renewals Account Manager
The Renewals Account Manager is responsible for driving the end-to-end renewal lifecycle for assigned customers. As part of Teradata’s Go-To-Market (GTM) organisation, this position will serve as the primary sales responsible for renewing customers and will partner closely with the Account team to ensure effective account collaboration and cancels and erosions prevention.
The Renewals Account Manager will be responsible for managing a territory of customers to business objectives including recurring revenue retention and growth, on-time renewal execution, and outlook accuracy. The Renewals Account Manager will work with the account team on account planning to identify customer needs/risks and opportunities both in preparation for upcoming renewals as well as mid-term adjustments. The Renewals Account Manager is responsible for being the expert in Teradata’s renewal strategy and works directly with the customer to negotiate standard and custom renewals including negotiating terms, SLAs and penalties. The Renewals Executive will align the renewal strategy with the Account Executive to achieve optimal results.
A key responsibility of the Renewals Account Manager is completing and executing preventive actions on Cancellations and Erosions, leveraging early insights and collaborating with Customer Success Management, Services Delivery Management and Customer Services Management. The Renewals Account Manager will be responsible for the development, application and delivery of cancel and erosion save plans, with the aim to increase customer retention and revenue retention.
As an integrated member of the customer account team, this role is primarily responsible for retaining recurring revenue across Teradata’s business through exceptional renewal sales execution. This includes building and maintaining strong partnerships with both internal and customer stakeholders.
Renewal Scope Areas Include:
- Renewals includes any revenue in Teradata that has been previously sold and should be retained through repeat contracting on a scheduled basis. Including Term, Cloud, Maintenance and SWUR
- Turn-key Renewals: Renewals Account Manager will own the oversight of the renewal process, managing customer engagement supported by the process from the Renewal Specialist Team
- Complex Renewals: Renewals Account Manager will own full lifecycle of the renewal, once the initial quote has been developed by the Renewal Specialist. Renewals Executive will refine, discuss, negotiate and close the renewal directly with the customer
- Cloud, MS, Maintenance and Success Services: Renewals Account Manager will own the full lifecycle of the renewal from quote to completion. Renewals Account Manager will refine, discuss, negotiate and close the renewal directly with the customer
- Upsell/Cross-Sell/New-Sell: In certain circumstances the Renewals Executive will own the sales cycle for the generation of new revenue. This will be part of the normal renewal lifecycle in accounts, where there is opportunity to expand the scope of the renewal to new business, like increasing a customer support Success Tier
- Third party contracts: Renewals Account Manager will own the full lifecycle of the renewal from quote to completion. Will refine, discuss, negotiate with 3rd party providers, internal Alliance Partner teams and close the renewal directly with the customer
- Customer Presentations: Prepare and deliver customer presentations to align with business objectives and ensure common understanding of scope of work and renewal strategy. Renewal Contract documentation: Be responsible for overseeing or/and preparation & development of renewal contract/SOW as necessary
Account planning, selling and negotiating are core elements of success in this role. This role will focus on:
- Effective account planning and renewal preparation, leveraging the entire Teradata portfolio to protect and drive recurring revenue growth
- Renewing Teradata's recurring revenue footprint with existing customers with on-time accuracy and oversight of all contract lifecycle management activities
- Creation and execution of Cancel and Erosion save plans, with the aim to increase customer retention and revenue retention.
- Maintaining forecast accuracy and participating in Sales Outlook cadence calls
- Participate in quarterly services delivery and operational excellence reviews
It will be vital for the Renewals Account Manager to build relationships and drive collaboration with the Renewal Specialist, Account Executive, Customer Success Manager, Engagement Manager, and Service Experience Manager.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- First experience in sales success managing account relationships and developing new account opportunities
- Ability to work with multiple Customers at the same time including capturing each engagement’s discussions, notes, follow-up, issues, etc.
- First direct sales experience and ideally some familiarity with cloud services and architectures
- Ideally some direct sales experience with Outsourcing services in the Analytics environment including platform management, Operations and Application Management, scoping (on and off-shore delivery solutions), developing Outcome based SOW with SLA’s/Penalties, and one- time transactional services such as Installation, data migration, BAR setup
- Ability to work successfully at the intersection of business, technology and services and translate/communicate across both
- Presence: enthusiastic and high energy, but also poised, confident and extremely professional
- Innovative and assertive, with the ability to pick up new technologies and assess situations quickly
- Some experience in the following tools: Salesforce, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint
- Knowledge of ServiceNow and other competitive ITSM tools would be beneficial
- Background in DevOps, Kanban and Agile Development and Sustainment desired
- Advanced interpersonal, listening and communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills, and a track record of effectively communicating with and influencing at all levels
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven project and time management skills with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate personal and professional values consistent with Teradata’s values
- Be highly collaborative, organised, detail oriented and a stickler for accuracy
- Fluent English & German language skills plus one more language desired
Community / Marketing Title: Renewals Account Manager
Job Category: Sales
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: MUNICH, Bavaria DE