Intern - Content Developer/Technical Writer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209188
Position Title: Intern-Engineering (I)
With all the expenditures made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between, throughout the world. We call this pervasive data intelligence. It’s the new way we transform how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
Welcome to our team of top-notch technical communicators and content operation experts! We create modern technical content to be used on the web and in-product by more than half a million users. The documentation we create plays an important role in the overall user experience, providing crisp, engaging, and truly helpful content.
Contribute to quick user success as you work with our experienced Database and Analytic Content Developers to produce engaging information for Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Developers, and more. You will work in collaboration with UX, in the heart of our brand-new product line, where documentation plays a central role.
- Work independently, with an assigned mentor and with other team members on a challenging and exciting assignment.
- Produce content for skilled technical end users of enterprise products
- Gain working knowledge about our modern content development tools and style best practices as you use them to produce engaging technical content
- Collaborate with content development teams to gather information, edit, and deliver content
- Understand the role technical content plays in a successful user experience
- Must be enrolled in BS/MS degree program. Graduation dates between December 2021-June 2024. Your major is probably in computer science, information science, data analytics, technical communication, journalism, user experience, or similar.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Good knowledge of technical writing concepts
- Exceptional English writing skills
- Some experience with content publication tools and standards, for example DITA/XML, markdown, or similar
- An interest in and ability to quickly grasp technology and software concepts
- It’s not required, but it’s a bonus if you have exposure to database and analytics technology
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Intern - Content Developer/Technical Writer
Job Category: College & Interns
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US