Intern - Data Analyst
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209186
Position Title: Intern-Engineering (I)
With all the expenditures made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between, throughout the world. We call this pervasive data intelligence. It’s the new way we transform how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
Welcome to our team of top-notch technical communicators and content operation experts! We create modern technical content to be used on the web and in-product. While we are extremely good at creating content, we would love to gain more insights and make even more data-driven decisions.
During your internship, you will dig into a goldmine of web use data. We have half a million users who search, read, bookmark, share, and get help from our extensive documentation website, docs.teradata.com. Drawing and sharing key insights from this data will help measure our success and have a direct impact on our future decisions and initiatives.
- Work independently, with an assigned mentor and with other team members of a very strong team on challenging and exciting assignments.
- Analyze web click and search data collected using multiple tools such as Google Analytics, Celebrus, etc.
- Set up Power BI dashboards of key content metrics
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter, clean, and transform data from a variety of sources to facilitate analysis
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Must be enrolled in BS/MS degree program. Graduation dates between December 2021-June 2023. Your major is probably in a field related to Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Science, Mathematics, or Statistics.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong data visualization and data mining skills
- Strong skills in query languages, such as SQL
- Knowledge of applied statistics
- Some knowledge of: Power BI, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, API calls
- Not required, but it’s good if you also have some knowledge of scripting and programming, for example using Python
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Intern - Data Analyst
Job Category: College & Interns
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US