Intern - Cloud Software Engineering
Location: Bellevue, Washington US
Requisition Number: 209158
Position Title: Intern-Engineering (I)
With all the expenditures made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between, throughout the world. We call this pervasive data intelligence. It’s the new way we transform how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. That describes our work environment at Teradata, a place to brainstorm with the best engineering minds and surprise yourself with what's possible every day.
This Software Engineer internship position is responsible for all phases of software development life cycle from software design, Service operations through customer support. We are looking for someone who is willing to jump in and learn some of the cloud technologies and help us build a highly scalable cloud service.
- Handling complex dependencies in software design, implementation, testing, documentation and support and maintenance activities as well as software packaging
- Build low friction APIs, highly responsive web UIs, and the backend to support them.
- Communicate effectively with other engineers and QA
- First-level test engineer with excellent analyst skills
- Use knowledge and experience to influence the design and implementation approaches and solutions
- Pursuing a BS degree in Computer Science with 0-2 years of experience or pursuing a Master/PHd degree
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- A passion for cloud technology, API design, and responsive UX
- Ability to build an end-to-end user experience as part of a service oriented product.
- Java programming experience or course work
- Web-based development experience
- Familiarity with dev-ops software development methods.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, testing, and operations.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience with cloud services like AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with Docker container related technologies like Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.
- Experience with Java IDE’s, Source Control and Problem Tracking tools
- Previous/current Teradata experience or knowledge of relational database engines.
- Experience with automated deployments and source code / configuration management tools - GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Vagrant, Terraform, etc.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Intern - Cloud Software Engineering
Job Category: College & Interns
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bellevue, Washington US