Platform Cloud Engineering - Senior Cloud Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209154
Position Title: Cloud Services Engineer (III)
Platform Cloud Engineering - Senior Cloud Engineer - Requisition
Teradata is a community of people who believe in the power of data to change the world, and ready to challenge the complexity and inadequacy of conventional approaches in pursuit of better answers to the world's toughest challenges. We are a global data and analytics leader providing data platform solutions for the most prolific and interesting enterprises in every industry.
This is your chance to be a part of the Teradata Platform Cloud Engineering team acting as a key influence and enabler to our “Cloud First” strategy. The Platform Cloud team works closely and across all of Teradata’s cloud partners providing expertise and recommendations back to Teradata on Cloud VM/Instances, storage, networking, and key platform enabling features in support of Teradata Vantage teams and offerings. This unique opportunity will have you spanning diverse technical competencies, from Teradata core architectures (AMPs, storage volumes, Fallback, etc.), cloud infrastructure offerings/features, testing methodologies, and Automation/Test as a Service (TaaS) proficiencies.
- Cloud experience (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) with ability to setup and configure Cloud infrastructure environments
- Characterize cloud platforms, single and multi-node clusters, and associated storage options to drive and confirm CPU, I/O, memory, networking behavior and performance when applied to Teradata Vantage
- Have some level of platform knowledge / understanding of CPU, I/O, memory, networking metrics and how they may influence performance
- Develop deep understanding of Teradata products integration with the cloud environments, allowing for certification, feature research, troubleshooting and analysis of software and hardware anomalies driving to resolution
- Maintaining internal dashboards and automation leveraging programming experience with C, C++, Java programming and Jenkins knowledge
- BA/BS or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 3-5+ years experience in a professional software/cloud engineering position
- Cloud working knowledge / Cloud professional certifications (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; Need to be a team player
- Basic knowledge and experience with database and SQL; Teradata experience desired
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) automation infrastructure (GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Experience with Linux operating system, Bash/Shell, and test automation a plus
- Detail-oriented and customer-focused
This position is based in Teradata's research and development main campus in San Diego, CA but currently would require work from home until Covid concerns have been fully addressed for return to the office. When in office, Teradata's employees enjoy beautiful facilities including a cafeteria, cafe, and gym on site. If you are interested in working in a fast-paced, innovative environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then Teradata is the place for you.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Platform Cloud Engineering - Senior Cloud Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US