Intern - DevOps Engineering
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 209149
Position Title: Intern-Engineering (I)
With all the expenditures made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between, throughout the world. We call this pervasive data intelligence. It’s the new way we transform how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June 2020 and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
The Quality and Tools group empowers our product engineers with shift-left technologies and resources to deliver Teradata products. As a member of one of our High-Performance teams, you will help us advance Operational Excellence through analyzing, deploying, and integration testing / scaling centralized-management solutions for Continuous Integration (CI) that are highly automatable and secure.
Your Business Objectives would include:
- Work independently, with an assigned mentor and with other team members on CI assignments.
- Participate in shaping the future direction of CI for our product teams through data analysis, requirements elicitation / documentation, data extraction / visualization, automation / scripting, and deploying / testing PoCs of viable solutions.
- Apply your overall experience to enhancing our shift-left tools and pipeline capabilities.
Qualifications/Requirements you will need to be successful:
- Must be enrolled in BS/MS degree program. Graduation dates between December 2021-June 2024
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Working knowledge of CI tools (prefer Jenkins)
- Strong python programming language skills and use of git
- Exposure to various tools for DevOps and Software Development Lifecyle
- Experience with basic Linux commands
- Experience creating Docker images
- Experience managing Docker containers (prefer Kubernetes / Docker Compose)
Desired Skills and Experience you may have:
- Groovy, Ansible
- Team City, Drone CI, CloudBees CI, GitLab Pipelines,
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Intern - DevOps Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
We’re conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home, while others will remain remote. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19.
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US